I don't know what to do

db18spk

ok so, i was driving home today and i had just shifted into 4th, when all of the sudden my rpm's dropped to zero, and my car was just stuck at idol....even when i pressed on the gas....so is this the ecu or....? what? im kinda getting tired of all these problems im having lol

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
the tac coulda just took a dive? Did you try to rev it up and see if you could hear or feel the motor rev?

XxCaryxX

Has the rpm gauge been spiking randomly (even when you are not hitting the throttle)? Loose wire in the distributor caused that to happen on mine. Hope I help. GL. :D

db18spk

thank you all for your info. i did put it in to netural and pressed on the gas, and it seemd like it was only getting like 1/4 of it....i figured out what it was....there is a blue wire that runs to the positive side of the battery...ya that came unhooked but i hooked it back up and it started up just fine...as for the throttle sensor....i have called every auto parts shop in my area and they all say they dont have it in stock, and are not able to ship it....any sugjestions???

XxCaryxX

Junkyard maybe? Since your car is older I am not sure if a dealership would carry the part you need if any at all. :(

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
most parts companies only make enough parts for 10 years after production ends unless there is a high demand.

89teggie

89teggie
check out some junkyards, and also check with an acura dealership. i've ordered parts directly through an acura dealership in huntsville alabama and they've shipped them to me, no questions asked. and they've had everything i've needed so far. it'd be worth a shot. also check out ebay and amazon.com. i've had goodluck on amazon.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
thank you all for your info. i did put it in to netural and pressed on the gas, and it seemd like it was only getting like 1/4 of it....i figured out what it was....there is a blue wire that runs to the positive side of the battery...ya that came unhooked but i hooked it back up and it started up just fine...as for the throttle sensor....i have called every auto parts shop in my area and they all say they dont have it in stock, and are not able to ship it....any sugjestions???
blue wire is the color of the tach wire...but thats on the dizzy and engine harness, what does the blue wire go to ?

89teggie

89teggie
hey db18spk, search ebay for d16a1 and theres a throttle body with a throttle position sensor included for 20 bucks.