I dont know shit bout cars NOOB ?

Peruviann

so i call autozone to try to buy a axle and he asked me front then left or right i thought u only have one axle in the front ?? i thought autozone was cheap they want 90 bucks plus core charge which i dont kno what the fuck that is ($30) i dont know much about cars so yeah

i was tryin to get it cheaper than 200 from what i was told by this acura shop with acura parts cause im low on cash

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
left and right axles.. the 'core charge' is what you get back (im assuming the $30) in exchange for your old ones..

nautica_t

you have 2. 1 axle per side to drive the whee.

you drive an integra so its front wheel drive, since there are two wheels up front, you can't have only one axle driving both since ithas to connect to the transmission, thats why you have 2.
one goes to the tranny for the passenger side and than the driver's side goes on the other side.

now napa is a good price and when they say core, it means, when you return back the orginal one they give you back some money for the old damaged one.

you'd have to ask which side its from though from the acura dealership.

good luck

Peruviann

thanks i ha no clue what the hell he was talking baout i wasl ike left or right ?? shit i thought there was one LOL atleast now i know

Peruviann

i was told i need to switch the right one cause my CV boot is leaking should i just switch both or just the right one for now ?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Just get two new OEM axles. That's what I'm gonna do.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
nautica_t said:
you have 2. 1 axle per side to drive the whee.

you drive an integra so its front wheel drive, since there are two wheels up front, you can't have only one axle driving both since ithas to connect to the transmission, thats why you have 2.
one goes to the tranny for the passenger side and than the driver's side goes on the other side.

now napa is a good price and when they say core, it means, when you return back the orginal one they give you back some money for the old damaged one.

you'd have to ask which side its from though from the acura dealership.

good luck
You were doing great man! I'll finish it off for ya. lol

Left and right side is from sitting in the driver seat.

so:
Driver side = Left
Passanger side = Right

ixcocoyxi said:
might as well do em both so you know you'd be good for a long while..
Don't do both. Thats expensive and dumb. You don't need to spend money on a good part. thats like replacing the motor in a car that runs perfect!

Only get a right axle.

iphondatek

Honda tech
Yeah only get the right one. it's not like it's something to be done while something is out. and the driver side connects to the intermediate shaft then the transaxle not straight to it. The transaxle is what alot of people call transmission.

Disco

shit thats funny. The real question is do you race your car? If you seriously race your car replace them both with whateve axl you find with a lifetime warrenty. Its likely that the one you dont replace will be fine for years if you dont beat on your car. If you dont race your car just buy the one thats bad and be done with it.