HUGE!!!! 92 electrical problem

301integra92

I've recently done an ls v-tec swap. And i found out that the alternator that i had on there was bad. I drove it around for about 2 miles and when i went to go park it, my hazard lights came on in the cluster but the lights werent working. And so i changed the alternator and it was still having the same problem. I pulled my cluster out and found that the plastic brain in the back was fried. I replaced it but im still having the same problem. I have no power in the inside of the car...no power mirrors, no power doors, the radio wont work, and it wont beep when i open the doors. The headlights dont come on, the tail lights wont come on when i hit the brakes and the car wont start. My temperature gauge and gas gauage bounce up and down.....there are no fuses burnt under the dash or under the hood......Whats my problem???...its killing me!!!:evil:

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
I really wish I had an answer but you have exhausted all of the ideas I had. It may be a board that is not working. there could also be a short cause by wiring but you would have to check everything. Does the engine start? You may want to look into the Body Control Module (this was all I could find that is might be) here is a list of what it does:

The BCM provides the following features:

• Automatic door locks
• Battery protection
• Chimes
• Compass/mini-trip support
• Courtesy lamps
• BCM diagnostic support
• Door lock inhibit
• Headlamp time delay
• Ignition key lamp
• Illuminated entry
• Instrument panel dimming
• Mechanical instrument cluster support
• Power door locks (with/without remote keyless entry)
• Sliding door memory lock
• Vehicle Theft Security system (VTSS)
• Windshield wipers / washers (front and rear)

301integra92

well the motor turns over but its not starting. And where is the BCM located i will give that a shot. im not giving up on this thing

Last edited:

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
BCM is under driver dash or Passenger dash lol mine is located under driver, but mine has been highly modded electrically

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
you have a power supply problem. what was wrong with the old alternator? if it was overcharging it could have burned up a relay,but since you have no lights look at the fuse links.

301integra92

i looked at all that the bcm i just changed it with a new one just in case . but i it still is doing the same thing. And i want to thank you guys for trying to help me