How low on a G1

1stGeneration

1stGeneration
After reading the " sticky " on lowering the G1 front end...
I have a few questions.
How low of a drop will just turning the front end adjusters drop the front end?

How low will the drop be if I only lowered it 1 spline??
Can I lower it even more by turning the adjustment ride height bolts after I lower it one spline?

How low will the drop be if dropping it two splines??
Can I raise it up if its too low by adjusting the ride height bolts after dropping it 2 splines?

Just want to make sure im not going too low.. right now im thinkin just goin one spline.. then if its not low enough just adjust the ride height adjusters.. OR possibly lowering it 2 splines then raising it if its too low by turning the adjusters..

1stGeneration

1stGeneration
I dont want to go too LOW is the problem...
I wanted some actual numbers on how low with JUST adjusting your ride height bolts...
and some numbers on how low is it if you lower it ONE splne.. and how low is it when you lower it 2 splines. I wanted the calculations in inches..
Example
adjusting the ride height bolts is only 1/2" Just a guess i need the actual number
ONE spline = 1 1/2" just a guess i need the actual number
TWO splines = 2 inches.. Just a guess i need the actual number

then if i lower it 2 splines can i adjust the ride height bolts to LIFT the car up if i feel its too low.
AND can I lower the car with the ride height bolts if one spline isnt low enough..

Last edited:

graveyardhippie

i'll look for accurate numbers later, sounds to me like you'd be happy with 1 spline and have the nut all the way up, or maybe a little down. i have the nut all the way up, and down 2 splines, and my tires are tucking. i'll update after the kids are in bed

graveyardhippie

tried to find exact numbers, the FSM tells how much it drops per turn, but doesnt tell you how many turns you can get out of the bolt. if i remember, it's give or take an inch to inch and half with the nut. but these cars are up in the air, and that really doesn't make a difference. I really would recommend just 1 spline unless your planning on scraping and doing some fab work to ur struts. if i hit a rock, the struts bottom out, so i'm gonna play around and see if there's a swap i can do with another strut that will give me more room, or if i'm gonna have to play with the stock ones till they work. i'm movin back home mid march, i'll update when i get there.

1stGeneration

1stGeneration
EXACTLY the information I was looking for ..
Im going to tackle it this weekend.. Im going for:
1 SPLINE and use the adjustment nut to lower it to the height im looking for..
I want the fender to be about 1/2 " over the tire. Please POST UP on what you do for your front end shock..

rsxer63

we dropped mine to 1 finger gap all around... came out the same as the rear drop with H&R springs in the rear AIR.