How do you make a ram air intake?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I think it's Aerospeed that makes that ram air that looks like an intercooler....what a joke. :lol:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Wow, more ram air cheese on the market.

You mean a short ram, not a ram air, right JDMB18civic?

Ram air style intakes for Integra's create turbulence, Integra intake manifolds want smooth, non-turbulent airflow.
Low end parts manufacturers like Ractive and Aerospeed create these gimmicks to make money, they don't care if it works or not, they just want your money, 94integrarsedan. Their insulting your intelligence (and taste if you ask me!) by creating these items in the first place.

You can buy wrap for the short ram intake arm to keep it cool.

Last edited:

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
ram air is a joke, the use of air being rammed into your engine vs being sucked in. the intake cams will only allow a set amount of air into the combustion chamber in N/A vehicles. everything else is just wasted. if you want more air go bigger cams or forced induction.

i do agree with the turbulence in the air flow. AEM, injen, K&N, and even Fram now have the turbulence idea in mind. this idea applies to all vehicles. all vehicle hate to work for thier air. and turbulence makes the engine work harder, eventually losing power. not to mention it looks really, really gay.

same idea and principles go into porting and head work. the less "drag" the better. But bigger is NOT always better, espicially in honda engines.