hood hinge cover wont stay on. wtf??

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
i took out the hood hinge covers for body shop to pull the frame and after all done adn painted i tried to put them back on but cant seem to make them stay on there the hinges are in the way

would anyone be kind enough to take picture of it on your car from different angles?
or if someone ran into this issue before what was the solution?

parts marked # 16,17 on the image

after accident pic with it on , when i try to put it in same way the hinge keeps moving it out

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
the frame is straight now the guys had some expensive framepull and now its perfectly alligned. shoudl i just glue them in?

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
lol thanks. its JDM vin plate cover. wallmart carries it sometimes:)

but seriously can anyoen help me out and post a picture with good lightning so i can see how it goes

or at least take a quick look at ur teg and see how it is held up?

i spent about 30 minutes trying to make it stay and no luck.

Backwoodz Tuner

Dude I think those lil rubber cover things got a lil strip of rubber that sticks out like a quarter inch which fits in this lil cut groove thing that gets glued or something to the plastic wind shield wiper plastic thing.its probably hard to see where the groove is with the plastic thing installed. I know its a fuckin bitch gettin all them plastic clips off, but I would say take that piece off and your answer will be plain as day

Good luck man hope this helps

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
16 and 17 look like pieces from the cowel, not the hood hinge.

4 is your hinge

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
lol ye funny thing is i pulled them out easily but i didnt feel any glue there they just pulled out.

i guess glue is the answer for my problem

i just wanted a picture to make sure im putting themin right way

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
my uncle painted mine white (before i had the car) when he painted the vent by the windshield white.. i just ripped em off.. LOL!!

Backwoodz Tuner

Ok man got some pics for ya.
So here's a pic of your wipers cover plastic piece

And this piece is the one your askin bout right?

If so peep where I white marked where the rubber hinge cover piece connects to the middle plastic part. See the two lil knobs? Well line those up with tha lil knobs on the mid plastic piece. The pics should be pretty self explanatory.

Yeah jus get some rubber gasket shit and that to hold em together! Good luck!