honda tick? or heads about to go?!?!

Ksan

hey guys i just turbo'd my car and everything is good but then all of a sudden get a not so loud tick. it doesnt tick at idle but when i press the gas it ticks. at idle there is just a regular honda tick, but when i drive it ticks more. but i just wanted to know what is going on cause this is driving me crazy. so please pple help me out.

thanks

k'san

jdm_mike19

me and my dad did mine in 10mins quick easy simple ur oem specs are on the sticker on ur hood on the inside

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
valves are easy to adjust, might also be an exhaust leak.

patrick4588

Integra God
how old are your o ring seals? many ppl dont know this, but they are supposed to be soft and rubbery. they absorb the sound of the pintle opening and closing. when they get old and hard, it doesnt absorb the sound and you will hear the injectors "clicking". just another possibility. if adjusting your valves doesnt solve it, id try that or an exhaust leak next.

Ksan

well i just put new injectors and o-rings. and another thing is that i got in a accident so there is no stickers to tell me anything about the valve adjustment. can someone tell me how to adjust it.. well thanks guys

patrick4588

Integra God
Clearance specs for B18C1(5)
Intake: 0.006" - 0.007" (0.15mm - 0.19mm)
Exhaust:: 0.007" - 0.008" (0.17mm - 0.21mm)

Clearance specs for B18B
Intake: 0.003" - 0.005" (0.08mm - 0.12mm)
Exhaust: 0.006" - 0.008" (0.16mm - 0.20mm)

buy some angled feeler gauges at your local auto parts store.
remove valve cover
set crank to tdc
adjust cylinder one valves (closest to crank pulley)
rotate crank 90* and adjust cylinder 3
rotate crank 90* and adjust cylinder 4
rotate crank 90* and adjust cylinder 2
install valve cover