High mileage preventative maintenance?

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
Well my girlfriend bought a 99 LS about 4months ago and she just passed up 100,000 miles and i dont think the previous owner had serviced it too much coming up on the high miles so what should i do to it ? im changing the oil on friday but do i nedd to change all kinds of other shit or is it cool ? cuz it runs fine feels just like my GSR smooth as hell lol. just need some advice, thanks guys.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Service the trasmission, change the plugs, wires, fuel filter, check for any gasket leaks, check brake pads and visually inspect the lines, umm.......

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea forgot the important stuff, also maybe thermostat, valve cover gasket if your feeling frisky :)

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
also i would change the cap and rotor on igniton.
check your fluids: brake, tranny, oil change, power steering, all that fun stuff. check the ac check the coolant. pads rotors. they say you should check your valves too but who actually does that. plugs, wires, timing belt water pump hoses (mentioned already)

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
how much is all that stuff gonna run me ?

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
DC2Integ said:
how much is all that stuff gonna run me ?
cost you or cost her well....ill try to brake it down for you if i can:

oil change - u can do this yourself get high milage oil gonna run about $20 for everything

timing belt and water pump - depends if you buy both as a set on ebay itll run about $100 but from the dealership i think about $150-$200 if you do it yourself just for parts. to get it done depends where you go could be anywhere from $300 to $1000 (acura) to do yourself isnt hard if you have some mechanical experience. make sure you do it by the manual though you dont want to mess up the timing.

fluids- not much money just some time

check the brakes- pads, rotors lines- if everything is fine $0 if not could be up to about $300 for all four wheels pads and rotors

ignition- mine cost me about $150 for mantinence which included bosch +4 platinum plugs $50, bosch wires $50, cap and rotor kit $50

valve job- ????good question im not sure i think i touched em all if not ill write again later

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
thanks checked the brakes and they are good im changin the oil on friday. as far as the fuel filter can i get it at autozone ?

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
DC2Integ said:
thanks checked the brakes and they are good im changin the oil on friday. as far as the fuel filter can i get it at autozone ?
i think so. im sure they got it make sure you get the timing belt and water pump done. 90,000 miles is the end of the line time to change. spend the money now and save yourself and her in the future

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I would start running synthetic, but thats me. If you do tho then you have to stick with synthetic.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
In addition to the timing belt and water pump, I'd do:

Change Engine Oil and Filter
Inspect and Service Front Brakes
Inspect Rear Brakes
Adjust Parking Brake
Inspect Brake Hoses and Lines
Inspect Anti-Lock Brake System
Adjust Clutch
Inspect Power Steering System, Tie Rods, CV Boots
Retorque Suspension Mounting Bolts
Rotate and Balance Tires
Check Tire Pressure and Fluid Levels
Adjust Valves
Align Front and Rear Wheels
Change Transmission Fluid
Inspect Throttle and Transmission Cables
Flush and Replace Anti-Freeze
Service Anti-Lock Brake System (Except RS)
Change Brake Fluid
Inspect Exhaust System
Adjust Alternator and Power Steering Belts
Replace Air Filter
Replace Spark Plugs (GS-R and Type R Every 60,000 Miles
Replace Ignition Cap and Rotor (Except Cap at 30,000)
Replace Fuel Filter

97gsrjames

g3teg97 said:
In addition to the timing belt and water pump, I'd do:

Change Engine Oil and Filter
Inspect and Service Front Brakes
Inspect Rear Brakes
Adjust Parking Brake
Inspect Brake Hoses and Lines
Inspect Anti-Lock Brake System
Adjust Clutch
Inspect Power Steering System, Tie Rods, CV Boots
Retorque Suspension Mounting Bolts
Rotate and Balance Tires
Check Tire Pressure and Fluid Levels
Adjust Valves
Align Front and Rear Wheels
Inspect Throttle and Transmission Cables
Flush and Replace Anti-Freeze
Service Anti-Lock Brake System (Except RS)
Change Brake Fluid
Inspect Exhaust System
Adjust Alternator and Power Steering Belts
Replace Air Filter
Replace Spark Plugs (GS-R and Type R Every 60,000 Miles
Replace Ignition Cap and Rotor (Except Cap at 30,000)
Replace Fuel Filter
thats 100,000 mile maintainence for ya. expensive, but if you love your car, its all good ;-)