HID's VS. HALO PROJECTOR LIGHTS???

chicolindopr

Which Would U Perfer Hid's Or Halo Projector Headlights? I Want Both. And What Temperature For Da Hid's Is For A 95 Ls?? Cuz Im Thinkin About Buying Dem.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
When I do my 98+ conversion I was planning on doing DIY blacking the headlights, then possibly getting a HID plug and play system. Maybe 6000k.

MidniteFreedom

i got myself a black housing halo projector headlights. but putting hids on it would be even better! but im poor so ill stick with the projector for now and maybe just buy a blue xenon bulbs for my headlights =D

blueTEC

James
HID has way more appeal and FUNCTION than those halo projector lights. the HID headlamps will actually help you see the road better while the halo projector lights are known to not light up the road enough at night and actually worsen visibility.

Last edited:

reconxtru

DC5!
blueTEC said:
what lights do you plan to retrofit on? please don't say CL headlamps... :drool:

HID has way more appeal and FUNCTION than those silly halo projector lights. the HID headlamps will actually help you see the road better while the halo projector lights are known to not light up the road enough at night and actually worsen visibility.
you don't NEED to retrofit..i didn't..used my halogen projectors and it works fine...

i recommend any temp. at 6000k or lower..anything high is stupid and you will get pulled over

you will need 9006 hid bulbs ..

Asking what brand i say go to xenondepot.com to get it...its expensive but is the best IMO. the Ballast are "Hella" ballast and they are good ballast. I should say the best ballast. great quality !

chicolindopr

i was thinkin HID also and im plannin on gettin dem but i gotta wait cuz i promised my girl i'd buy here a system for her car and connect it for her and i gotta let my brother borrow money to help pay dis months rent cuz he's short so i might get dem buy late feb. or early march lol...thanx for da feedback tho pplz keep leaving comments on ur preference of headlights

latindc2

If u put hid plug n play on kit on a halo projector u will have a lot of glare do it right do a retro and save yourself trouble with the popo, i have had my retros for a year and no problem with the popo, also u get better lighting. Simply put, HID look and works better with HID projectors not halogen.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
blueTEC said:
HID has way more appeal and FUNCTION than those halo projector lights. the HID headlamps will actually help you see the road better while the halo projector lights are known to not light up the road enough at night and actually worsen visibility.

VERY VERY true my projectors suck and acutally my girls brother in law had an extra set of HID's and i hooked them up.....Not much difference now you go figure that one out.

latindc2

g3teg97 said:
How hard is it to do a retro-fit and what would you recommend for a first-timer?
Depend on your budget bro....and your time, im using Audi A6 or valeos hid projectors h7 converted to D2S adapter with phillips 4300k bulbs and matsubitas(sp) ballast, these projectors are easy to put on the integra housing cuz they are about the same size....go to hidplanet.com they have an DIY article. If u have any more question dont hestiate to ask me.

chicolindopr

what r the specs for a 95 ls for HID's cuz when i read on ebay they say somethin about 5000k and blah blah blah....i just want to know da info and i want dem to be just bright enuff so dat i wont get tickets but dat they still look nice. someone who has HID's already plz give me da specs recommended thanx alot