Hid installation on G3

LiEkjAi

this question might sound stupid but i am confused. i heard gen3 hab halogen projectors and i can't just put a hid kit over it, but i needa retrofit it to the hid projectors cuz of a glare or something. but anyone in CI hab hid, can you help me out. tell me how you do yours and what kind you uses or any suggestion? tyty

PogKai

B20VTEC
I have HID.. didn't have $ to retrofit. The glare thing I guess is from old HID low quality kit.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
The glare comes because our headlights were not made for hid bulbs, yes you can put an HID kit on your car but is illegal and dangerous to incoming traffic because of the glare, when I first put hids on my car it was a plug and play kit, had my boy drive my teg while I drove my civic to see what it looked like from another's cars perspective and is BRIGHT, lots of glare but because our cars got projector style headlamps is not as bad as reflector type headlights, those types dont even bother to put HID in them you will get a ticket, the glare on those is too much, the cut off point on out tegs is quite good for hids considering that thy were not meant for them, I myself have a retrofit, used e46 projectors, and it looks soooo much better have that color change when you see the car coming towars you and the light ouput is pread out evently accros the road and im not blinding anyone

MidniteFreedom

mines just plug an play. took off my stock lights shoved a 9006 hid bulb. and hook all the wires up and done. mine was a 5000k bulb one of the brightest lights and its crystal clear white on the ground. unlike the others one are yellow on the ground but bright white when you look at it.
heres mine

bongo667

Yeah I just put an MTEC kit in mine. Looks great, and less than 15 minutes to install. Hardest part was finding a place for the ballast. Also has great output.