Hey everbody, I'm new!

IsaacD

Hi, I just thought i'd get in on this forum action since it seems like you guys are quite knowledgeable. I got an 89' integra yesterday for $400 as my first car. It's the two door and it still seems to run strong even though it's not been the best taken care of. It's also probably the ugliest car in the world and is going to take some work to fix. That's it for now because I need to get back to work, I just thought i'd introduce myself and my s***ty car, haha.

Last edited:

*DA3*

welcome tp the site post some pic of your car

IsaacD

i'll post some better pictures later when i can, these are just some my sister took with her phone. It used to be white which I think would look pretty sharp but the kids that owned it painted it green and gray with a big splotch of red on the side and they didn't mask much of anything because they got it on every light. You can't really tell from these pictures but they also did some terrible bondo work that is starting to peel because it's almost a half inch thick in places. I'm definitely going to be doing some body work on this thing, haha. I'll get some pictures of the inside tomorrow. It's missing the glove box and the sunroof is sealed shut with expanding plumbers foam. I have a lot of work ahead of me but at least it runs :) sort of. It's only broken down once and I haven't figured out why yet.

Ay-T

Bathed In Blood
Welcome to CI! I'm Adonis. And it can use exterior work. Paint job will do for now hahaha

gs300cky

until you really get the money for painting it go get some rattle cans quick and paint it white lol but for $400 does it run well and look clean inside?

IsaacD

It seems to run well for the most part. The dude I got it from told me it ran well but he had never driven it on the freeway. I drove it on the freeway for about 15 minutes but when I put it in fifth gear it died and made sort of a rattling noise. I limped it to a gas station and left it there for the night and towed it the next day. The noise it was making went away but I want to figure what caused it. It's also burning a little oil, but i think the other guy just had the wrong oil in it and that's why.

IsaacD

until you really get the money for painting it go get some rattle cans quick and paint it white lol but for $400 does it run well and look clean inside?
I think i'm going to just buy some good paint and do it myself. My dad has a pretty nice spray gun that I can use and I work in a print shop that has a big bay I can pull it into. The inside is kind of a toss up. It's mostly clean and nice looking except they did a sloppy job putting the speakers in, it's missing the glove box, and my favorite, the sunroof is sealed shut with expanding plumbers foam. That's going to be fun to dig out, lol. :)

IsaacD

Oh yeah, they also spray painted the nice alloy rims black and thats peeling so i'm going to help it off as quickly as possible.

8-bit

do what now?
To be honest im jealous^ I want an 89 integra for a" project car" but im sure you can get it in tip top shape with a couple of hundreds invested. Flat black ftw! Welcome to club integra!

98 Integra

Welcome to CI!! I would of deffinately grabbed that up for $400. That will be a nice project. GL dude.