help with this swap my gsr swap into a rs shell

omgherb

93 Rs Looking ITs best
i have a 93 acura integra rs with a ls motor in it. my father owns a car lot and we got a 98 civic from the auction with a gsr swap in it. it has a p28 ecu and type-r headers and aem cam gears thats all i know about right now but anyway. i just bought a exedy clutch for my ls motor i was wondering what i have to do to get that to work with this gsr motor can i use a cable clutch with hydro motor what do i need to do to make this swap work cause my ls has to go into the 98 civic.
i would use my ls tranny with that motor cause not to much money to buy the converter hydro to cable and cable to hydro together it would run me about 300. andi need to do this asap cause i also need to run vtec and im unsure on how hard that is

Last edited:

B18TEG

BLACK DA
you would have to swap out the motor itself along with the ecu. other than that, there should be no problem. i would try to use the actual gsr gears into the ls tranny, if you plan to stay na.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
hmmm the swap might be trickier than it seems? :what:

isn't your ls tranny cable and the gsr hydro?
what year is the gsr motor? obd1/2?

i might not know the answers, but starting off with questions is a plus right? lol

B18TEG

BLACK DA
i understand that they both have to run, but im saying, if your going to keep the ls tranny in your car, you might want to think about swapping the actual gears inside. and like db8 said is the gsr motor obd I or obd II. the only thing you might need is a cable to hydro conversion if you separate the tranny's. also look on g2ic.com for the article on engine swaps and parts that you need. i have it saved at home but not at work, although i know its posted up and always there

B18TEG

BLACK DA
Melt said:
i got a real easy solution. Sell the integra, and drive the civic.
lol . .. but then hed leave ci . . . lol

omgherb

93 Rs Looking ITs best
Melt said:
i got a real easy solution. Sell the integra, and drive the civic.
i got to sell the car we have to make 5gs of it and in my opinion the car looks like shit its riced the fuck out not really my style
and im not really sure if its a obd1/2 is there a special way i can tell like i said i didnt do this swap i got the car from a auction

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
omgherb said:
and im not really sure if its a obd1/2 is there a special way i can tell like i said i didnt do this swap i got the car from a auction
Look at the exhaust under the car. Look for wires and sensors going into the exhaust. If there is 1 o2 sensor it is OBD1 (1 before the cat), if there is 2 it is obd2 (1 infront of the cat & 1 at the rear)........assuming they did the swap correctly and to pass inspection. If there isn't a CEL on then it is most likely right

Last edited: