help with swap b18a1 to b18b1

muk5

i got a 90 integra with a blown motor b18a1 and i just bought a 18b1 from the wreckers and i noticed that
in the rear side on my b18a1 block there are 2 sensors , one with 2 prongs and one with 1 prong i know that one of them is for the oil pressure sending and don't know what the other is for.
Now on my new block there is only one sensor .can anyone point me what to do with the extra connector.
btw i'm swapping my old intake to the new one.looks like i need to swap a few things like crankshft pulley and
thermostat housing cause they are both different from one another.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

sportsma1539

I had the same issue. I was told just to leave it hanging. Is it an obd1 b18b1?? If you're using your intake manifold then you will have to use your thermostat housing from your b18a1 engine. Your current thermostat housing has an extra place for the fast idle control which goes to your intake manifold. FYI, when taking off the thermostat housing, leave the piping on thermostat housing and pull the piping out of the block. Its a lot easier for some reason. Also make sure the seal on the pipe is in good condition.

Another thing you will need to do is take off the drivers side mounting bracket for the motor mount off of your engine and put it on the b18b1 engine. They are totally different and will not work with each other. I just did the same swap about 2 weeks ago and this is the same stuff i ran into.

BTW, why would you need to change the crankshaft pulley??

muk5

yeah the crankshaft pulley on the new block have grooves on all 3 ringds while on the old block i noticed that two have grooves and the outer ring for the steering pump uses v belt.

muk5

i believe it must be an obd 2 came out of a 97 whereas mine is obd 0.

sportsma1539

yeah the crankshaft pulley on the new block have grooves on all 3 ringds while on the old block i noticed that two have grooves and the outer ring for the steering pump uses v belt.
I didnt notice that. I'm sure I would have came across that if I had ever finished my install. (i had to pull mine back out). I think you're gonna have to convert to obd2. I think you are gonna need the ecu and maybe even the wiring harness but I'm gonna leave the rest of this to the experts.

muk5

no i don't think i'll need an obd2 cause i'm only replacing the block , i learned that the other switch is a knock sensor and it can be left hanging you were right about that.. i'm just about to remove the motor out of the car
and i'll slap the tranny and intake on the new one and i'll post the outcome once i get this car back to life.

sportsma1539

no i don't think i'll need an obd2 cause i'm only replacing the block , i learned that the other switch is a knock sensor and it can be left hanging you were right about that.. i'm just about to remove the motor out of the car
and i'll slap the tranny and intake on the new one and i'll post the outcome once i get this car back to life.
Oh ok. Like I said, Im not an expert on that. You were right about the crank pulley. The power steering is different. Be prepared to have some help with getting that bad boy off. We couldn't even get it off with an impact. The guy that was helping me literally had to use his leg to get this thing off and that was using a 3ft breaker bar. The one on my b18a1 came off easily with the impact though.

H2BDA9

if you got a b18b thats obd2, you should just convert everything including car to obd1. much easier and way better for the long run. b18b have pcv off valve cover for crank case pressure and less vacuums off manifold then an A does. what exactly are you having troubles with in the swap?