Help with 96 GS-R

jdm96dc2

Hi, im a new member of CI. well i have a 96 gs-r i just bought it recently and i dont really know what to do with it. :cry: either NA or boost. i dont know which would be better for my b18c1 and what i should really get and how to build it. i would like some help/info on this please i would appreciate it. thank you

twlplague

you can always start with simple bolt ons like an intake, exhaust, etc

i prefer short ram intakes just because of less worroes of suckin up water and the better throttle response

correct me if im wrong anybody i read that SR ontakes are better for VTEC

1329itr00

Type R
cabezzzdb8 said:
Do a tune up
yep

what are your plans with the car? do you want crazy power or something nice and simple thats quick?

are you giong to be driving it everyday? Drag racing, AutoX need some more info on your part.

How much are you looking to spend.

B18TEG

BLACK DA
most definitely start with a plan of attack. is it going to be a daily driver? a track car? are you still in high school for that matter? and from there just search and read and ask lots and lots of questions. simple bolt ons like an intake, a real exhaust, and headers (if staying na i.e. naturally aspirated; non turbo) or save up for the good turbo goodies is you plan on going that route. and ofcourse the most necessary item suspension and wheels

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Yeah you gonna want to make sure everythings good with the car first, and there are no problems, when was the timing belt done???? But after that, some bolt ons and suspension work!

jdm96dc2

yes its gonna be a daily driver and im still in highschool a senior i was thinking of getting an AEM cold air and some DC headers. but i dont know what i should go with NA or Boost? i have trouble deciding id also like to know how much the builds will cost around for turbo and NA. im looking for something clean and quickkk and id love to bring this car to the track on the weekends also >.< and also i just put on my camber kit and some reason the right rear is still not aligned its maxed out when i did the alignment, could the problem be that something is bent or something? and the oil seem to be leaking or something im not sure or its burning oil too how would i know? and the timing belt i dont know when the last time it was done but im planning to do it sometime this month. what should i do? :(

speedin

The Transporter
1329itr00 said:
yep

what are your plans with the car? do you want crazy power or something nice and simple thats quick?

are you giong to be driving it everyday? Drag racing, AutoX need some more info on your part.

How much are you looking to spend.
THESE QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED. or else we just cant help

so.

1: budget
2: hp # you want. or 1/4mile time you want
3: What kind of track driving?
4: budget (cant stress this enough)

Last edited:

konig16

LS Vtec=:)
jdm96dc2 said:
yes its gonna be a daily driver and im still in highschool a senior i was thinking of getting an AEM cold air and some DC headers. but i dont know what i should go with NA or Boost? i have trouble deciding id also like to know how much the builds will cost around for turbo and NA. im looking for something clean and quickkk and id love to bring this car to the track on the weekends also >.< and also i just put on my camber kit and some reason the right rear is still not aligned its maxed out when i did the alignment, could the problem be that something is bent or something? and the oil seem to be leaking or something im not sure or its burning oil too how would i know? and the timing belt i dont know when the last time it was done but im planning to do it sometime this month. what should i do? :(
I always though a supercharged nitrous GSR would be fun but that would be expensive definitly fast though... as far as your oil problem gos you should jack up the car n check the oil pan out maybe you need a new oil pan gasket hopefully your not burning oil though.

I would boost it though you can build your own turbo kit for under a grand if your on a tight budget that would prolly be your best bet.

jdmvtecboi

jdm96dc2 said:
if u r going boost i wouldn't get headers cuz ur going to have to change it. it would just get intake an exhaust build ur own turbo (if u build it, its only under a grand give or take not including intake, exhaust cost)

B18TEG

BLACK DA
jdmvtecboi said:
if u r going boost i wouldn't get headers cuz ur going to have to change it. it would just get intake an exhaust build ur own turbo (if u build it, its only under a grand give or take not including intake, exhaust cost)
ditto . .. and also just check out the forced induction forum on here dc2 posted a sick write up on building a low budget turbo set up thatll blow your mind away. everything you need is listed there and then you can focus on the other stuff youll need ie fuel pump, prf/fmu, spark plugs .. .. etc. as for the oil leaking, where is it coming from?

jdmvtecboi

B18TEG said:
ditto . .. and also just check out the forced induction forum on here dc2 posted a sick write up on building a low budget turbo set up thatll blow your mind away. everything you need is listed there and then you can focus on the other stuff youll need ie fuel pump, prf/fmu, spark plugs .. .. etc. as for the oil leaking, where is it coming from?
yea i gave him the site a where u can build a turbo for hella cheap.

jdm96dc2

yeah the site is nice. also i dont know where its leaking and i dont know if it is for sure but i think im burning oil >.< but im not really sure so i gotta get that thing checked out. mm i think im gonna try the turbo build. :twisted:

jdmvtecboi

jdm96dc2 said:
yeah the site is nice. also i dont know where its leaking and i dont know if it is for sure but i think im burning oil >.< but im not really sure so i gotta get that thing checked out. mm i think im gonna try the turbo build. :twisted:
check ur oil pan bro