help help help!

GA-Beast

Owner
my head wont come off the block...i removed all the head studs...i one end is free but the top right corner is bound or something and we cant get it free. we used a engine hoist to try to pull the head str8 up but we ended up picking up the whole car!:shock: what could be the problem?

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
maybe the last owner used that cheap gasket in a tube stuff? sure you didnt miss one? maybe this doesnt make a difference, but did you pull out all the spark plugs?

GA-Beast

Owner
ya this is my only running car and i got 1 week to fix it and this is a dam bad thread title...i got a time frame dude fuk off

simple97GSR

try this

GA beast, have you taken off the intake manifold before trying to lift off the head? what i did to get the head off was that i left the intake manifold on the head, but i remove all the bolts that held that im onto the bay chassis. mark all the hoses and wires connected to the im, remove all the head studs and then pull it out. i find this much easier than trying to yank out the im first since the hard to reach bolts are under the im and all those wires and hoses are in the way.

good luck

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
I don't know if it will damange anything but try taking a tourqe to the area to heat it up a bit then hit it with a rubber mallet to free it up.

GA-Beast

Owner
nah..but something is definately wrong...the head is seperated from the block....all around but is getting stuck from the top right area of the head...i dont kno what the problem is though...getting a friend over 2morrow...we'lll pull the whole thing if we have to.

simple97GSR

...is thier a bracket tha for the IM to the block that i'm missing...?
assuming you havent takin the im off the head, theres four bolts i had removed under the im that was held on a braket near the firewall ( the middle of it ). then what i did was marked all those hoses and lines then disconnected them all. then i removed the fuel rail and injectors ( relieve fuel pressure first ) then loosened the head bolts and pryed the head off with the im still attached. its easier to do it this way i believe because you can use the im as a source of leverage for pulling off the head.