help headgasket leak

da9kiddo

just found out that my head gasket is leaking on my 93 ls tegg any advise on how to fix the probleme but save some money thanks. im guessing since my tegg has alot of miles on it it is was gonna happen ne wways but just wondering

tilegend

just found out that my head gasket is leaking on my 93 ls tegg any advise on how to fix the probleme but save some money thanks. im guessing since my tegg has alot of miles on it it is was gonna happen ne wways but just wondering
find out the cause... then replace head gasket, water pump & timing belt

no use in trying to use the headgasket sealers in a bottle.

da9kiddo

u think it will be alot of work if i do it myself? and what do u mean find the cause of it?

ropeadope14

the cause of it is proberly that the gasket was old and wearing out. but sometimes there can be a reason why it goes...change the head gasket. its not to hard just look on the net for instructions and people on here will allways help

maq

I just did it on my car.

Take your time, get lots of sandwich bags, or quart size bags.

I had trouble getting the bolts off from the brace that holds the intake manifold. Make sure you have a good grip on them with your socket. I got one out but the other rounded over because i didn't have it on straight. I ended up cutting the bracket. The manifold doesn't weight more than about 2-3 pounds.