Help !!!!!! Guage cluster needle install

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
ok so i got a pair of yellow jdm needles for a cluster from my friend. so i go take aprt my cluster take out the needles carefully so i wouldnt break them and put the new needles in and voila JDM hotness ! so i put it all back together and i plaug it all back in but when i turn on the ignition the RPM needle went up to like 4,000 and the mph needle whent up to 40mph while my car was standing still. so my question is what the hell how do i fix this so my needles will work again ! Help guys !

PogKai

B20VTEC
im sure that you installed the needles wrong, the MPH needle needs to be installed with switch in ON position.

speedin

The Transporter
yea thats what happens when u install the needles wrong. rpm should be installed against the bar. same with mph I beleve

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
LOL WHILE YOU THIER WITH YOU CLUSTER OPEN WHY DONT YOU ROLL IT BACK A LITTLE ...LOL :p

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
PogKai said:
im sure that you installed the needles wrong, the MPH needle needs to be installed with switch in ON position.
Wow, I didn't know that. When I installed my new guage faces, I was able to get the rpm needle right with a voltmeter, but the MPH needle was way off. What I did was got on the highway, set the cruise control at 3500 RPM cuz I knew that was exactly 70mph, then popped the needle on doing 70 on the highway, lol. It wasn't easy.

xenoicity

i broke my needle off of my temp gauge in my civic cluster..... superglue woudlnt do it.. lmao

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
i fixed it i did the on switch thing. ill post pics later but now im not sure if i like the needles yellow. besides one of them the paint is slightly peeling so i migh take them off. lol