help buying car

sonicvybe

new driver
I am considering buying this car from japan. I live in Cayman Islands. Anyways here is the details pics and my question. I cud use some advice/help, comments.

91k miles
rated 4/6 good condition
$4500 + 2000 ish for shipping
here is the advert...
---------------------------------------------------------------
Chassis: DC2 Price FOB US$: 4500
Type: Sports Year: 1998
Distance: 91,000 kms Vehicle Grade: 4
Size/Fuel: 1.8P Doors: 3
Color: white Transmission: MT
Extras: AC, PS, PW, PM, CL, AW, SP, SR, Srs, ABS, 4 seats
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and it will be inspected for engine, oil and water, drive shafts, transmission, exterior panels, glass windows, paintwork, tyre treads, interior, and other information before being shipped.

QUESTION
what do u think about 91k miles?
how about boost on 91k miles? or is that a no no...
i heard as long car was kept well...91k miles is fine..
and by the way is this a GSR?? it does say SR = sunroof and the pic seems to have a sunroof...

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
91000 kilometers is equal to 56,544.78 miles

That is nothing on a honda engine, I wouldnt worry about boosting it.
Not sure if that is a gsr, do you have more of the vin. Decoder might help with it.

Damn that is a nice looking teg, you bastard. Sorry got a little jealous.

sonicvybe

new driver
HOLY F(*^# /.....THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR POINTING THAT OUT....i DIDNT EVEN REALIZE THE MILEAGE WAS IN KILOMETERS>.......YUEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS BABBYYY IM SOO GONNA GET ITTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in regualar terms > thank you G2. yu da mang! :)

but yea...as long as i can get them to specify that the engine is indeed a GSR...then i should be fine right? for most part?...the VIN is removed because it is being exported by a used car exporter in japan...i dunno if this is standard for them to do...dunno...ideas?

Last edited:

GSRacer01

looks like a jdm gsr. the gsr blades. its 4 lug. has sunroof. and i ono, i heard something about the jdm gsrs being the ones with the clear headlights instead of the black housed? i ono bout that one, but ya all the others make it seem like a gsr. but damn, that looks clean. nice find. hope this helps

sonicvybe

new driver
great thank you everyone...im appreciative of thy knowledge bestowed upon me to remove any hinderance of purchase...

^ simply put = :)

Baldy201

It is a JDM GSR. you can tell by the headlights, which are chrome and not the black. also what has been said before.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Look at the seats, they're cloth. But, I'd get it in a heartbeat. Like Omi said, miles on a Honda engine isn't a bad thing.

sonicvybe

new driver
yeaaaaaaaaa baby,,,its on the way i guess...gotta wait..but trus me ill do a good pic post when it comes.....=] this is a moment i been waitin on for a long long time yo...a long time..too long if u ask me...over due...im 21 ...bout time ican afford a car..