Headliner/Sunroof Swap Manual 87 into Power 89

fefrie

I've just got an 89Acura Integra Special Edition LS complete with foam wing to replace my min 87 integra that was in a head on (not my fault!)

The 89 is growing on me although I still prefer the 87 for what it was. manual windows, manual pop up sunroof.

I can live with the 89 interior. It is all stock. I wish that there wasn't so many white accents in the fabric, and the power windows I can deal with. However the Power Sunroof i'm having problems with. It retracts, but doesn't pop up. I also hate the fact that the sunroof eats up some head room.

I'm wondering if it is possible to put the 87 headliner with the manual pop up sunroof into the 89 integra. The sheet metal must be the same right?

If not, can the sunroof be repaired? Something must be bent that is preventing it from popping up.

In any case here are some pictures. The 87 had 190kms on it and the 89 has only 140kms on it. It is basically mint. I can't see any dents anywhere, the bumpers shine like new, no swirl marks anywhere which is rare for bumpers. The paint is faded and will have to be restored somehow as per standard, but it is in the best condition I have ever seen. More pics if you wish when it's sunnier.

heykosal

Angkorian
Wow clean! And I could be so wrong, but I don't think it pops up. Because my friends 89 Accord has a sunroof that retracts but doesn't pop up..

fefrie

I'm starting to think that too. The picture on the button is of a side to side, but no tilt up. How stupid is that?

I had an 88 4door integra and the sunroof had a pop up function as well as retract.

heykosal

Angkorian
Well I mean, third generation Integras don't tilt up neither, they just retract up and out instead of retracting into the roof, so that you can just crack it open and it looks like tilt.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
My second DA went into the roof...

Not sure waht the DC does. it's too cold to even try to open it. haha