Headlights-- Newb

Mikifiki

I have a 91LS and the headlights are really dim. The lenses are pretty clear. Any really cheap suggestions? Im not looking to dump much money into car.

hmongkie

ebay hid's if you want to... people will flag and disagree and opt for a retrofit, but that's a whole different story... you're looking at about $80...

tilegend

quick checks... see if there is any corrosion on the connectors, terminals of the bulbs.... get a multimeter and see how much voltage the bulb is getting.

dielectric grease could help.

a fresh set of bulbs might also help... you could also do a 9007 conversion (brighter bulbs) compared to 9004s

Last edited:

da9_16boi

if you wanna go brighter then hids but you gotta change the ligh bulb plug. just go to a junk yard and cut the plug and wire it to your car but you gotta cut the old ones first. i had a problem like this wit one light bulb and it got brighter. but the other still was dim wen i changed it. i have hids now so they both are even and bright

kwlfca

Hmm I don't find mine to be all that bright either but I use my foglights at night. Work for me. They aren't even yellow so why they would have them as foglight is beyond me

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Fog-lights aren't necessarily yellow. I agree, check the connectors and voltage. Also see that they are adjusted correctly. If they are pointing at the ground they won't be that bright.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
I have a 91LS and the headlights are really dim. The lenses are pretty clear. Any really cheap suggestions? Im not looking to dump much money into car.
how do your headlights look? if they are "faded" then go to like an autozone or something like that and get a headlight cleaner kit...i did mine and they look brand new now...that might make then shine better

Mikifiki

The headlights look clear. I own an 06 Civic and compared to that it looks like two flashlights are strapped to my bumper. I'm going to run the teg for a little while see how she performs for me, and than probably throw in HID's.

rsxer63

I the headlight are clean... I would get some headlight protector film on em to keep em that way. For HIDs.. I just picked up some Apexcone 55W HIDs for my 87teg... can ya say datlight :). Noone has flashed me yet.. just make sure you aim em down a little and get some casper shields.

tilegend

I the headlight are clean... I would get some headlight protector film on em to keep em that way. For HIDs.. I just picked up some Apexcone 55W HIDs for my 87teg... can ya say datlight :). Noone has flashed me yet.. just make sure you aim em down a little and get some casper shields.
H4 is the only size they make for casper shields.

DarkDB1

Do a 9007 Headlight bulb conversion.

I think you swap the 2 red wires around, I'll look into it to confirm if you are interested in doing it.

heykosal

Angkorian
a fresh set of bulbs might also help...
:clap:

Fog-lights aren't necessarily yellow. I agree, check the connectors and voltage. Also see that they are adjusted correctly. If they are pointing at the ground they won't be that bright.
x2.

how do your headlights look? if they are "faded" then go to like an autozone or something like that and get a headlight cleaner kit...i did mine and they look brand new now...that might make then shine better
He said the lenses were clear..

H4 is the only size they make for casper shields.
Can someone explain to me what casper shields are? I've never heard of that..

Anyways, just get some fresh bulbs, and adjust the beams. It should make a world of difference. If it doesn't then there might be something wrong..like the lights aren't getting enough current. If all else fails, get an HID kit.

tilegend

Can someone explain to me what casper shields are? I've never heard of that..

looks similar to those except those are adapters made for H4 housings to fit D2S bulbs...

they're made to block glare created by the lower portion of the bulb.

some people have made homemade shields out of metal turkey basters

like this:

Last edited: