headlight problem

GoldenLS

hi everyone i have a 1990 integra ls and the headlights went out. the bulbs are good so i checked the fuses and there fine so then i checked the bulb socket for power with a volt meter nothin. i even checked for power at the fuse and there was nothin so is there a relay or anything else that could have happened? i have a haynes manual but it didnt really help so any feedback is appreciated thanks.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Alright there are a few things you can check...
Heres obvious...
-Switch: best way to see if this is broke is take the column apart and see what wire the power goes to the fuse and see if its getting voltage. Another way is to see if your cluster lights even go on when you turn the switch on or even if you can use your fogs if you have them being that you can only use fogs when lights are on period... If thats the case then change switch.
-BCM: try to find the wire there and see if its getting voltage there, or if you have friend with same car do a swap real quick and see if that helps

xusake

If you already check the wire and got no voltage on your test meter then, that means you arn't getting power or ground. check your wiring and if it still isn't working maybe your having a electrical problem.

johnownsall2

Yes check for grounds. If that happens to be the problem bad ground or w.e either re cut the wire and just re ground it or just buy a ground kit. Grounds are a pain in the ass well for me it was with my previous car :(.