Have A Problem 89 Integra

yogi-in-vanc-wa

I have a problem, I would be driving and the car would just cut out. It would take about 30 minutes until the car would start but after driving about 5 miles "give or take" the vehicle would cut out. I work at a lube shop so I know plus work with people who know cars. Well last May I replaced the O2 senor, thermostat Full tune up Idle control valve plus a distributor. Today I have a problem I did replace my car with a new main relay, Fuel pump and new thermostat I tried a new but rebuilt distributor still had the car get to regular temp and just cut out the ECU code is 15. Every mechanic I did talk to said," buy a distributor." 15 code is ignition ouput signal. I was just want to know if anyone ever had this problem and how they fixed it I am going to try a brand new distributor so I am at wits end. If anyone ever had this problem and fixed it please let me know what you did. At this point I am just laughing about the frustration.

master_tech

check all the connectors to the igniter unit terminals to see if they fit tightly. if they fit loose on the igniter terminals, this can cause the car to stall intermittently.

other things to look @:

bad igniter unit
ecu
distributor housing harness
intermittent open or short between ecu and distributor (wires, pins or connectors)

good luck!

ehschick1849

My little 89' did the same thing...
I would always be on my way to doing something important...
=]
took it to a shop called 360 imports...
They replaced the distributor and the car stopped dying...
I also got some new spark plugs and put those in just in case!!!
=]
the car would idle around 3,000 and then drop slowly then fall and die...
the guy said there is a weak spark and the distributor is not getting a good sensor...
She runs like a charm!!
=]

so...
good luck and keep me updated...

Last edited:

yogi-in-vanc-wa

=]
=]
the guy said there is a weak spark and the distributor is not getting a good sensor...
She runs like a charm!!
=]

so...
I did replace the car with a brand spanking new distributor, cap and rotor my car runs fine. After a

yogi-in-vanc-wa

=]
=]
She runs like a charm!!
=]

so...
I replaced the car with a brand new distributor, cap and rotor and my car has no problems now it runs like a illegal go-cart. Thanks for the story and advice.

Susan Roland

my 89 acura rsSTILL HAS INTERMIENT STARTING PROBLEMS HELP!

I have a problem, I would be driving and the car would just cut out. It would take about 30 minutes until the car would start but after driving about 5 miles "give or take" the vehicle would cut out. I work at a lube shop so I know plus work with people who know cars. Well last May I replaced the O2 senor, thermostat Full tune up Idle control valve plus a distributor. Today I have a problem I did replace my car with a new main relay, Fuel pump and new thermostat I tried a new but rebuilt distributor still had the car get to regular temp and just cut out the ECU code is 15. Every mechanic I did talk to said," buy a distributor." 15 code is ignition ouput signal. I was just want to know if anyone ever had this problem and how they fixed it I am going to try a brand new distributor so I am at wits end. If anyone ever had this problem and fixed it please let me know what you did. At this point I am just laughing about the frustration.
my