Hatch Leaking?

VTECpower

After a strong rain I noticed that in my 1993 integra water starts to pool on both sides in the trunk, not where the spare is but up high about an inch on the left side and 1/2 inch on the right. does anybody's integra do this to? I think it might come in through the vents in the taillights.

K20aLLmOtoR03

NBP NJ cReW #1
After a strong rain I noticed that in my 1993 integra water starts to pool on both sides in the trunk, not where the spare is but up high about an inch on the left side and 1/2 inch on the right. does anybody's integra do this to? I think it might come in through the vents in the taillights.
my dc5 did it. I eventually changed the gaskets on my tailights. I don't know if 93 has gasket on tailight check that out. Have you check your weather strips on the hatch that might be the problem to.

DANISH DELUXE

My car did that after a hurricane, except it wasn't on the sides only it filled my trunk and went all over my floor in my car. Turned out I had a leak in the a/c venting area of my car and my tail lights. So I ran a hose on my can and did some research and figured out that this is a common problem with the 90-93 Integra's and that it was the seal that goes around the tail lights to keep water out. So I took my lights off and the seal had just deteriorated so I made a trip to discount auto parts and picked up some silicone and applied it to where the old seal had been and just screwed back in my light and let it sit and problem solved. But the problem with me is I took my car to get it painted and the guy who did it is a retard and when taking my lights off and other such things; it made my leaks even worse then how they were before and I had to figure it out the hard way. :(

So if you haven't deduced anything from my story just:

A) Your tail lights are definitely leaking.

B) Go to discount auto parts/pepboys/autozone and pick up some silicone to apply around the lights.(Get about to tubes of it because you want to apply generously)

C) Take lights off by unscrewing them from inside the trunk.

D) Apply to were the black the black seal used to be.(It will be obvious)

E) Screw back in the lights and you're done!!!

F) If you run a hose over it first you can confirm that the leak is definitely your tail lights and not that you just for got to make sure the trunk was closed all the way. ^_^ And if that was the case and you did all this remember that it wasn't for nothing you reduced the risk of leakage there for awhile.