Halo Projector Lights Install

lsvtecna

Guys, I'm doing research on how to install Halo Projector Lights in my 90 teg, everything I've read syays that you have to remove the bumper which is fine, I went to the garage and took out all the bolts and screws that hold the bumper on that I could see so the sides and bottom are loose but not the front top under the lights, I then notice that under each light that there is a screw there with a philips head that cannot be undone unless the headlight is out. What the F*&^ stupid ass design is this and how do I get the bumper off, or the glass part out of the housing to get the lights out and the new ones in?

How do you need to take the light out to get the bumper off when you need to get the bumper off to get the light out?

lsvtecna

okay, found the fix, you take a large adjustable wrench then a bath towel, drape the bath towel over the headlight then smash it out with the wrench, the glass stays in the holder and viola there is now access to that bitch ass screw and mounting bracket under the light, the halos are installed and look sick, the downside is there will be no money to be had by selling the old lights, unless someone is really good with crazy glue.

lsvtecna

ya pics will be soon i have to charge the camera, if you're thinking about getting these halos, it is tough to get the old lights outta that style of car it's not like the newer tegs that everyone says there are 5 bolts more like 30 and they are in real bad places as well the brackets that hold the headlight in are behind the bumper there are 2 and are impossible to get at if the glass portion is still attached to the housing, i couldnt get it out without smashing the glass on mine, maybe someone will have a nicer more finesse way to do it but It worked looks sick cant complain

salvadorrivas13

Oh i get it, you smashed the head light to remove the bumper to install you projectors right? Y did you do that for. all you had to do is remove the front bumper. to remove the lights you have to remove the front bumper signal lights. wen removed look inside the hole and you will see 2 bolts on each side. remove those then remove the 2 phelips screws on each side of the bumper the ones by the front tires then remove the screws under the bumper that are conected to the traction bar. and finaly pull it out. its so easy. you didnt have to break nothing. ^_^ oh and i dont want projectors silly, hehe i have the JDM one peace. oh by the way the bumper comes out with the bumper support your not soposto touch the screws on top of the bumper. let me know if im in the right page. hehehhe

Last edited:

lsvtecna

there was no way to get to the headlights mounting bolts by going through the bumper lights hole, i looked at every possible way, the mounting bolts were way to high to reach and there was completely no access through there, but ya the bumper came off fine and went back on just the same I guess if i was going to take it off for an extended period of time I would have taken off the supports so that the bumper wouldn't flex outta shape but it all worked out minus the stock headlights which are in a box broken into 1000 pieces