GSR power handling

thatVERBAL

Whats up, I'm new here....came from club civic, I don't own an integra but was looking at getting a 3rd gen teggy.

I was wondering around how much power can a gsr block handle? I will be running boost, and this won't be a daily driver. I know the LS is a more suitable engine for boost, but I want the higher flowing vtec head. It will be tuned properly with uberdata. So I would just like to know what kind of power I could expect to push on stock internals, I may build the bottom end should the numbers not be too great.

CLspec

CaliLifeSpec
damn..whos ass is that!1!!!!...300-400hp.....320-360whp...stock block...might be more, but with those numbers u'll be hard to beat on the streets...7-10psi..would be fine..

thatVERBAL

wow, maybe I won't be building the internals....I had no idea that I could make over 300 on the stock internals:shock:

w.a.integra

yeah that is a sweet ass....my buddies 95 gsr with just simple upgrades including turbo pulls way hard and seems like itd put up a GOOD fight or beat alllllot of cars out there ....im jealous of his car

siscoke

thatVERBAL said:
wow, maybe I won't be building the internals....I had no idea that I could make over 300 on the stock internals:shock:

i dont think it can handle +300hp on stock internals for racing purposes :s to play it safe id go for 250 to 300 max :S id go for torque in the lower revs!!

greetz sis

P.S. we have a 400+hp type R here in the neighbourhood (fully modded engine) and im faster with my standard type R (so to speak) just cause he cant place that much hp on the ground (he spins in every gear at almost any speed) that would mean that from a rolling start 60mph and both floor it he just would start spinning and that just sucks.

ltrain

siscoke said:
i dont think it can handle +300hp on stock internals for racing purposes :s to play it safe id go for 250 to 300 max :S id go for torque in the lower revs!!

greetz sis

P.S. we have a 400+hp type R here in the neighbourhood (fully modded engine) and im faster with my standard type R (so to speak) just cause he cant place that much hp on the ground (he spins in every gear at almost any speed) that would mean that from a rolling start 60mph and both floor it he just would start spinning and that just sucks.
i agree 250 max on stock to play it safe

GSROWNSU

i wouldn't run any higher then 7 pounds of boost either on a stock engine....i'm gonna run 6 on mine and i should be fine for street driving....6 or 7 pounds and a good engine that's tuned u can get 250hp