gsr head or si head

jdmteg09

well right now i have a civic si motor and my friend is gonna give me a gsr head and tranny wat would be better to leave the b16 head on the si or put the gsr head on it i dont know

omgherb

93 Rs Looking ITs best
i love the way the b16 head stronger pull when doing the lsVtec but what i have realize that if you dont have aftermarket vavles springs and retainers it is alot easier to drop vavles so i say a b18c1-gsr head if your not going to really planing on doing anything else

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
GSR head combustion chambers are smaller = more compresion only reason b16 head "flows" better is because of the intake manifold is almost the same as the ITR mani, GSR mani is dual stage meaning torque at low rpm and short intake runners at high RPM I say GSR

B18TEG

BLACK DA
i say get an ls and port the hell out of it, for far less than a vtec head!. . .lol.. . no id say a gsr head and rework the runners a little. itll definitely give more bang than the pr3

Sirfallsalot243

MichealDelany did a dyno test of the two heads back to back on the same motor. EXACT same power. The B16 head made a little better power up high, but the GSR head made better power down low. The actual differences are EXTREMELY minute. The B16 head does flow better, but because of the higher compression ratio provided by the GSR head, they each have their benefits. The two minor differences kind of cancel each other out, and they performance differences are almost invisible. A ported GSR head would be ideal though (better than ITR head IMO). It will flow better than an ITR head (remember the ITR's port is only a mild port job), and it will also provide a higher compression ratio.

DA6P1

Banned
GSR head combustion chambers are smaller = more compresion only reason b16 head "flows" better is because of the intake manifold is almost the same as the ITR mani, GSR mani is dual stage meaning torque at low rpm and short intake runners at high RPM I say GSR

xxx2

DA6P1

Banned
ive heard of the b16 heads goin out with stock internals on conversion...thats why u shud stick to the GSR!