gsr and ls transmission

steelies_ftw

is there a noticeable difference, i have 2 transmissions sittin in my garage, and one of them i kno is LS cuz it came off my car, but my friends transmission we have no idea, we heard it was gsr and then again the same guy said it was LS, i was just wondering, cuz im kinda anxious as to what exactly that tranny is

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
should have a tranny code on it somewhere

steelies_ftw

Sirfallsalot243 said:
No VIN on it? GSR will have DC2 in the VIN.
hmm i guess no vin cuz i didnt see anything except ysk 2, which is on the top of the tranny sorta, but other then that there wasnt a sticker, like i have on my LS

Sirfallsalot243

I searched and searched, because I had the same problem. My friend had a tranny, and we didnt know what it was. The only mark we found on it was YSK-2. He was told it was a GSR tranny. Once I recieved my GSR tranny with the VIn still on it, I located the same marking. Mine says YSK-2 too, so that leads me to believe that yours is a gsr tranny.

steelies_ftw

Sirfallsalot243 said:
I searched and searched, because I had the same problem. My friend had a tranny, and we didnt know what it was. The only mark we found on it was YSK-2. He was told it was a GSR tranny. Once I recieved my GSR tranny with the VIn still on it, I located the same marking. Mine says YSK-2 too, so that leads me to believe that yours is a gsr tranny.

sweeeet thats good new thx