Got a few questions

simply6foot2

Hi,

I'm new to CI... I have a few questions but before I ask I wanted to state that I have looked on google as well as the stickys here on CI. I havent found the info that I'm looking for so I decided to ask.

I know a little bit about honda and acura, I have previously owned two integras not including my current (91 ls 4 door, 97 GSR, 97 ls??)

This brings me to my question, I just purchased a red 97... I know that alot of money and time went into this car. Just at a glance it has a new paint job (dupont red), but all the trim has been removed. Its siting on rusty black steelies so no bling here. Under the hood is another world! When I bought the car there was no intake (tube or filter) I havent been driving the car yet so I havent gotten one. Other than that being the first thing I noticed there were a few goodies to list! A Edlebrock intake manifold, I belive its a ITR throttle body?? No t sure. I do know its not stock - larger than a stock. Msd ignition gold series? some type of 4-to-1 header. Usually they are stampped but I cant seem to find one on here (its a ss) racing cat and 5-zegin cat back. adjustable timing gears - again no name but they look to be titanium... maybe someone would know
unorthodox underdrive pullys. I know athat the tranny is a SI, I do not know the year.

My real question is about the engine its self. It dosnt look like a ls or a GSR, its obviously not the stock motor, the wire harness is all spliced.... What can I do to tell the type of engine or at least the block? I know that they are usually stamped but where? I am pretty sure that its not an ITR motor, just because its not converted to a5 lug. I dont know if you would have to convert the lugs but I woud guess you would have to at least swap the cv's and they look stock....

I am going to try to snap some shots and post them... that may be the only way to explain

by the way I am really proud about this car, I got it for 500 bucks! it runs like crazy! faster than my GSR! i cant wait to get the intake and actually DRIVE the car!

simply6foot2

Tranny housing... top or bottom? The head is were I figured it would be... thakns for not giving me a hard time

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The engine code should be stamped right on the block right next to the bellhousing of the tranny. just down and left from the header.

B18B1 = LS non VTEC
B18C1 = USDM GSR VTEC
B18C5 = USDM Type R
B18C = JDM Type R or GSR

There are other possibilities which would all be either rare as hell or odd

simply6foot2

I had the GSR and this just looks different! I cant explain I will look first thing in the morning... I know its a 1.8 dohc, you can tell by looking at the length (vs a 1.6 dohc) I know its not a b20 or k20 or even a h22.

I will be back on tomorrow and I will tell you what I found. Thank you for your help!

Spody02

Name: Cody

the red is where your block code is
B18B1 = ls
B18C1 = gsr
B18C5 = itr

the blue is where your head code is
??? = ls
p72 = GSR
PR3 = ITR

simply6foot2

really now?
do some more searching
not sure what your talking about.... ^^

As I stated I looked for info but I only found a few leads which were not wha I needed. Im sure its out there! I just couldnt find it, and I apreciate all that you guys have showed me! Thanks!

mikey122

im new with integras im trying to save up for a 1999 gsr almost stock and wondering what mods i got to do to turbo it?