Good news!

KOLTDOGG

After 2 years of trail and error my teg is back running! WOOT. but what i need to know now is what are some good options as far as power goes.. not the cheap stuff either, like CAI and stuff.. Any good aftermarket intakes,injectors, stuff like that.. if anyone has changed cams and stuff what would you reccomend. Its an 87 with a 1.6 and a 5spd

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
your 5th person in like 3 days to ask this question, dont get mad at the answer your going to get

KOLTDOGG

not trying to be a dick but on the first page of this forum only "performance" i see is a question about what exhaust to get. and a dumbass question about chips.. not seeing any posts about cam specs, timing gears or anything that will actually help the motor.. i dont care about the walmart addons

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
only way to get more power is displacement, injectors will flood your motor, cams will break your retainers, your only way to make more power is turbo, nitrous, or superchage, and your still end up having to build your motor. Let face it your motors stock and its not worth spending money to end up breaking it. Do it right the first time and you wont have any worries.

KOLTDOGG

only way to get more power is displacement, injectors will flood your motor, cams will break your retainers, your only way to make more power is turbo, nitrous, or superchage, and your still end up having to build your motor. Let face it your motors stock and its not worth spending money to end up breaking it. Do it right the first time and you wont have any worries.
Thanks thats really all I was looking for... You think it'd be worth doing all that to the 1.6 or just wait a bit and do a b18 swap and build up a better motor?

Winki

Undercover mod
Wait... an 87 with a 1.6...Really. Keep it as a dd and leave it alone. its not really worth modding. It is just not worth it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Its still a valid question, that can be addressed. This forum is not like Team Integra where they get a lot of tech questions and write ups, this is a small tight knit community where people can come and ask questions without reticule. I agree that some topics are covered several times a week, but thats typical people join a forum to learn. Not all of them have the common sense to do research on their own, because maybe they dont trust the information out there. There is a lot of bad information out there. If you have a problem with reoccurring topics you can always PM a mod.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
question was answered and i was just stating the fact people have been bashing on i need more power threads for the last few day, gave him a warning not to get mad