good clutch ??

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
I heard aimco was a pretty good clutch this kid i know was running one of there stage 3's in his car and he loves it he let me drive it once really short and it didnt have a bad feel to it not to rough

ltrain

i have an 8 pound flywheel and its MUCH harder to get a good launch with it, either 2 much wheel spin or 2 little, if i was to do it agion i would get a 10 pound but yea thats a good price, i got my combo on ebay realy cheep and no problems just make sure u dont beat the car right away let the clutch settle with the flywheel for about 2k just to be safe

PogKai

B20VTEC
ltrain said:
i have an 8 pound flywheel and its MUCH harder to get a good launch with it, either 2 much wheel spin or 2 little, if i was to do it agion i would get a 10 pound but yea thats a good price, i got my combo on ebay realy cheep and no problems just make sure u dont beat the car right away let the clutch settle with the flywheel for about 2k just to be safe
sorry bout the thread jack, but did you felt that you lost torque with the flywheel?

ltrain

yea but gained on the top end. not so much losing tourqe it just takes a lil bit more to get it going but once its going its good revs very quick, i just have to get used to it and practice my launches, a 10lbs flywheel would be better in my opinion though

TekBuDDy

^ aye when u put the new clutch did you feel the improvement of it??B/c thats what im lookin for im looking for better shifting and so on....

ltrain

TekBuDDy said:
^ aye when u put the new clutch did you feel the improvement of it??B/c thats what im lookin for im looking for better shifting and so on....[/QUOTEstage 1 clutch isnt gonna make u shift better or quicker etc.. its there 2 handle power, and the only noticible differance is the clutch is slightly stiffer in feel, if your just using bolt ons and dont plan on anything else i would just get a stock clutch, i got a stage 1 cuz hopefully in the future i plan on doin more mods then just bolt ons (engine work)

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
That dosent look bad. Which pulleys do you plan on getting? I dont think I would get the underdrive pulley, mainly because I would never build an engine that didnt have a harmonic dampner.