Getting A RSX - Please Help! Questions..

bvans

DC5-ED9
Hey guys,

So I'm trading my '95 Teg for a '06 RSX with some cash ontop of it..
Only thing is, I need some opinions before I make the drive to see it.

It is salvage title.
He says the airbag lights are on because he changed out the seats. I know the light can be reset, can this be fixed by reseting it?

Also, the check engine light is on. He says it gives a code that says the gas cap is bad. "It doesn't seal properly and releases pressure all you need is a new cap"
True?

He's asking 8500, I'm gonna trade my teg + 2500...

Here it is -

"Acura Type S Silver 95K miles
Completely Stock except AEM short RAM intake
Tan leather interior very clean except small tear in drivers seat
HID headlights
Bose Premium Sound system & subwoofer
Window visors
Mechanically everything works very clean interior!
Recently serviced: changed spark plugs, cleaned fuel injectors, synthetic oil change.
**Salvage title** due to fender bender, replaced front end and repainted whole car NO DENTS OR SCRATCHES!"

bvans

DC5-ED9
over 60 views and no responses? any opinions help guys.

I think the CEL is for the fuel sender unit, because apparently the gas gauge won't go over 3/4 full

nimf235

personally i wouldnt buy anything salvaged... but then again, im a weenie and i dont like surprises, thats probably y... 2nd i wouldnt give up my teg for any other car, id have to have both or its a no go.... its up to u, i kinda like ur teg more than the rsx actually, but thats just me :)

Ganyon

I'd keep the teg. There's too much wrong and all you know is it could get worse. Also rsx's are known for trans problems.

nimf235

I'd keep the teg. There's too much wrong and all you know is it could get worse. Also rsx's are known for trans problems.
true story... someone selling u a car i hardly EVER gonna be totally honest with the cons... so id just be careful if i were u. keep the teg.