Get better gas mileage?

awright3331

G1 TEG
Ok so on my 91 civic at first I got the same gas mileage as I have on my G1 Teg, I put bosch split fire plugs in it with newer plug wires. Advanced my distributor, changed to Castrol Edge syntec full synthetic, fram 6X tough guard oil filter, replaced the timing belt, the water pump, thermostat, radiator cap, and gas cap. After everything was done, I ran lucas oil treatment through it at the oil change, and I ran lucas gas treatment once a month with premium gas once a month. I was getting on average 40 mpg. Right now I have NGK plugs(brand new) with the old plug wires, the distributor is not advanced, the only thing thats really been done to this car is oil change from previous owners penzoil to Castrol GTX high mileage part synthetic with fram 3x extra guard oil filter with motor honey added(Running 10W-30) and with this car, I run STP or Lucas Or mechanic in a bottle with a full tank of premium gas every month. Now my 91 civic also had the re stricter bracket removed from the DPFI on the throttle body. This car doesnt have that. I am able to save gas by shifting into a higher gear when I am at the speed i need to be so the rpms are down to idle, I can get up to 80 on the freeway and throw it in neutral and the rpms are idle. I know if I can get my hands on a pod filter (Or makeshift one) I can remove the resonator and put that on the snorkel and have more air flow which would also make for better gas mileage.

is there any other ways to increase fuel economy

bkirshr

User that is Registered
diffusers & other aerodynamics, tire pressure, and honestly, after I lowered my car I've been getting about an extra mpg as well. knowing how to shift is key though

enoch723

Just like Bk was saying. Even though both models are sooo similar, they are very different at the same time. Yes the are the same chassis, weight, almost the same engine, power blah blah blah. But the aerodynamics are completely different. Plus civic was honda's sports car while the Integra is Acura's sports car.(Yes I know there the same) But when honda makes a sports car, it is a sports car. Acura technically doesnt make sports care, they make "sporty luxury" as acura calls it. Lol. Stupid in my opinion