gas mileage on 98 gsr

ngou

Hi, i am new to the forum
I drive a 1998 gs-r, my question is:
what is the average gas mileage in km that, from full until refuel light is on.
I am getting 280 - 300km with 35L of gas.
Is this normal or something is wrong with my car????
I don't use my vtec and I drive under 3000rpm.
my 1982 bmw 528e is getting better mileage that my gsr :shock:
I am a lil worry about this.

thx

gofastgokart99

The Red Barron
do you have a check engine light on?

most on the time bad gas mileage is a result of something faulty, like an o2 sensor.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
:welcome:

My GSR would get 30+ miles per gallon on the regular. Most of the time, if your check engine light isn't on, then a simple tune up will help a lot. Air filter, spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor.........etc

heykosal

Angkorian
:welcome:

My GSR would get 30+ miles per gallon on the regular. Most of the time, if your check engine light isn't on, then a simple tune up will help a lot. Air filter, spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor.........etc
x2 and don't forget tire pressure and alignment!

ngou

my engine light is not on and my spark plugs and spark cable have been replaced already too
distributor was mis firing before and i took it to the shop to fix it as well.
only thing left to do is mayb an alignment.
thx for the info people!

99Geezer

Does the car get up to temp? I remember before I replaced my thermostat my gas mileage was $hit, then I replace it and there was about a 5-10 mile difference. just fyi

Messiah62

i also think my mileage is bad, i am getting about 220miles with everyfill up. I usually fill up at about under a 1/4 tank left. Right now im under a 1/4 tank and am at 212miles. is this bad? i have an auto w/ 130k miles

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
i also think my mileage is bad, i am getting about 220miles with everyfill up. I usually fill up at about under a 1/4 tank left. Right now im under a 1/4 tank and am at 212miles. is this bad? i have an auto w/ 130k miles
That's not too bad. Do you do a lot of city?

ngou

i have a new spoon thermostat :D
and i warm my car til it hit the "c" before i drive it.
hope it will get better :C