g1 air conditioning

mojave3555

1st GEN noob
i have an 86 g1 theres a small slice in my aluminum ac line right by the compressor if i replace that line and retrofit it with a r-134A kit it should still work right? i know my compressor works but i have heard that if u rip a line ur system is screwed because it was open to outside air help me out im in cali and its like 105 out lol

CJ € racer

i dont think so but wen u fix that line turn the ac on and see if it starts to get cold...if not get a 134-A i think its called and get one that has a preasure gauge to put the right amount. cause u dont want to put too much:nono: lmao:)

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
u need to replace the reciever/dryer after the repair

mojave3555

1st GEN noob
where is the dryer and how much does it run? btw its already been converted to r134A but its empty and i already know it take 2lbs of refridgerant

mojave3555

1st GEN noob
ok update i put 2 12 oz can of 134a in and it gets cool but its no where near full so i need to put another 1 or 2 cans in i dont think i have any leaks but ill find out when i put another can on the line and it shows no pressure ill let you know btw jdmjim how do i replace that receiver/dryer with freon in the system without losing it?