Fuel Injectors > PLEASE HELP

Peruviann

i think i have badfuel injectors ... can u guys give me some symtoms of bad guel injectors ....
my car after 3000 rpm's or over 65 mph the rpm needle starts to go nuts and jump everywhere and then it i pass over that speed or rpm after a lil bit the car will stall ??? i took the car to pep boys waitin to find out waht the problem is exactly hopefully not too much ... please help

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Could be a number of thing's, is your CEL light on? need more info as to what the car is doing and how often

Peruviann

i just got a call from pep boys it was my cap and rotor and my fuel injectors and throttle were clogged and fuckin extremly dirty ... now there running an electrical test hopefully nothing else is wrong

for diagnostic and alighnment and electric diagnostic and cleaning of everyting is 391 ??? is that good or bad price ???

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
How are your injector's extremely dirty, fuel is a natural cleaner and you have a fuel filter so I smell :bs:
if in doubt tell them to run a diasnostic check on the ecu first if ok then take your car home change the rotor and cap yourself and get a new fuel filter and replace it

siscoke

cabezzzdb8 said:
How are your injector's extremely dirty, fuel is a natural cleaner and you have a fuel filter so I smell :bs:
if in doubt tell them to run a diasnostic check on the ecu first if ok then take your car home change the rotor and cap yourself and get a new fuel filter and replace it
fuel injectors can be "filled" with rubbish so it could be true. you can get them cleaned or get some new onew if ur goin for a project its a nice update. also check ur sparkplugs and cables cause they can be the cause of irratic behaviour also :s

greetz sis

Peruviann

i just got all fuel injectors cleaned out new distributor cap i dunno if pep boys gave me a new fuel filter .. would this rpm problem also occur due to the torque converter ???

UNDERGROUNDAUTO

cabezzzdb8 said:

There can be dirt & sedimant in your gas or fuel tank, that can clog your injectors (havent you ever seen injector cleaners on the shelf at like pep boys or autozone), new ones are a little expensive so cleaning your old ones is always a good desicion. also your throttle body can get gummed up in as little as 20-30k miles from new, so cleaning that out once in a while is a good routine maint tip also. cap/ rotor I recomend to do every 60k miles (I would only use oem Honda ones or a brand like MSD if you are running an external coil), I have seen many cars come in with a misfire code due to cheap aftermarket (pep boys, napa, etc..) wires, caps, rotors, etc... & usually the customer just had them installed not long before the cel or bad driving conditions started.

some 2 cents for you
Dave E

Peruviann

Thanks for the info guys today i get to go get my car from pep boys and test drive it and make sure that its okay cuz pep boys said thye cant leggaly cant drive my car past 60 mph thanks for the info again

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
UNDERGROUNDAUTO said:
There can be dirt & sedimant in your gas or fuel tank, that can clog your injectors (havent you ever seen injector cleaners on the shelf at like pep boys or autozone), new ones are a little expensive so cleaning your old ones is always a good desicion. also your throttle body can get gummed up in as little as 20-30k miles from new, so cleaning that out once in a while is a good routine maint tip also. cap/ rotor I recomend to do every 60k miles (I would only use oem Honda ones or a brand like MSD if you are running an external coil), I have seen many cars come in with a misfire code due to cheap aftermarket (pep boys, napa, etc..) wires, caps, rotors, etc... & usually the customer just had them installed not long before the cel or bad driving conditions started.

some 2 cents for you
Dave E
Well actually talking from experience, on honda cars if you fuel is soooo dirty that it may actually clog you injectors first the fuel filter will get clogged second you cel light will come on, all those products for cleaning them dont use them if you think you have a fuel delivery problem, once you put itin your has tank they may lossen some of the particles and "dirt " rust tha might be seating on your gas tank for all these years and really do havoc on you fuel system so if in doubt the fisrt thing you should do is change the fuel filter, second do a diasnostic test to see if the ecu is throing any codes, most of the time that's will cure it, if all that does not work them take out the ingector and have them checked