Fuel filter depressurize? lol

GSratedR

Rated R
lol the other thread reminded me... i need to change the fule filter and the book says i need to get rid of the pressure in the fule lines and to disconnect the pump and let it run till it stalls or what ever. my question is can i just throw a towel over my filter and unbolt it without doing all that stuff. if all it is is going to make a mess i would rather just spray some gas then go through all the trouble :lol: . does ne1 have ne info on this?

speedin

The Transporter
GSratedR said:
lol the other thread reminded me... i need to change the fule filter and the book says i need to get rid of the pressure in the fule lines and to disconnect the pump and let it run till it stalls or what ever. my question is can i just throw a towel over my filter and unbolt it without doing all that stuff. if all it is is going to make a mess i would rather just spray some gas then go through all the trouble :lol: . does ne1 have ne info on this?
Just de-pressurize it. Its REAL easy. Just pull a fuse (15amp fuel injection system fuse), Start the car, Car dies. Now you can take that filter off.

Last edited: