front sway bar

96 LS

i cant seem to find a front sway bar for my LS. which companies have them. only one i found was a mugen 26mm bar. does the LS come with a front bar stock? if not will one bolt up directly? im wondering if progress makes a 24mm front bar. if not where can i get in ITR bar?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Eibach, Suspension Techniques, Lightspeed and Z Speed make them.
All G3 tegs come with a factory front sway. It's 22.1 mm for the 94-99 non-VTEC's. All G3 GSR factroy front sway, all Type R front sways, and 00-01 non-VTEC front sways are all the same, 24mm. I bet you could score one of those real cheap, 96 LS. And get an aftermarket polyurethane bushing set for it and you'll be set. Most people don't replace the front sway bar because the stock one is big enough and all it really needs is to have it's crappy rubber bushings replaced to stiffen things up. I'm sure yours are pretty beat up by now 96 LS, on a 9 year old car they'll probably be all cracked and brittle.

96 LS

TegSox said:
Eibach, Suspension Techniques, Lightspeed and Z Speed make them.
All G3 tegs come with a factory front sway. It's 22.1 mm for the 94-99 non-VTEC's. All G3 GSR factroy front sway, all Type R front sways, and 00-01 non-VTEC front sways are all the same, 24mm. I bet you could score one of those real cheap, 96 LS. And get an aftermarket polyurethane bushing set for it and you'll be set. Most people don't replace the front sway bar because the stock one is big enough and all it really needs is to have it's crappy rubber bushings replaced to stiffen things up. I'm sure yours are pretty beat up by now 96 LS, on a 9 year old car they'll probably be all cracked and brittle.
thanks a lot for the info. i think imma get this:

is that a sway bar/tie bar combo????

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Uuuuhh...I don't see a tie bar there. Is that a front or rear sway? It looks like a sway bar/lowering spring combo, but those 2 springs on top are some odd looking springs. You say your wanna get all that, but your not even sure what all that is? Well, neither do I. :???:

96 LS

man i know what it is. there are lowering springs, 22mm rear sway bar and a 4 wheel alignment kit. the reason i asked if that was a sway bar/tie bar combo is cuz comptech makes one.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
A-hah! OK, now I see the tie bar.
I've never seen lowering springs with coils that far apart.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i like that progress set up you posted it a few days ago somewheres else my mom still hasnt gotten me a christmas gift yet cause i cant decide what i want lol

96 LS

teggyls said:
i like that progress set up you posted it a few days ago somewheres else my mom still hasnt gotten me a christmas gift yet cause i cant decide what i want lol
haha yeah i posted it askin if it was good stuff. quality u know?