front right suspension clunking

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
could this mean the strut is blown? Or possibly something is loose ... happens when i hit speed bumps or driveways ....

car has h&r sport springs and 2000 civic si struts up front ... i still have the ls struts if you guys think its blown ... but the car doesnt ride any different aside from the noise.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
hrm.... i think my rear strut is blown cause when i hit a bump it makes a bunch of clunking noise also.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
JDM_Conv3rsion said:
hrm.... i think my rear strut is blown cause when i hit a bump it makes a bunch of clunking noise also.
rear strut might be your LCA, ive heard of that happening to a few people.

I gotta work today but ill probably go in there and check it out on tuesday .... this sucks cause im going camping next weekend 300 miles away and i dont really think its a good idea to roll down there with my shit clunking.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It may be your upper ball joint Melt, or you tie rod end, or both.
Put the wheel in the air. Grab it at the top and the bottom and try and move it back and forth. If it moves, you have a bad ball joint. Grab it at each side and try and move it, if it moves it's a bad tie rod end.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
well i found the problem .... the entire fuccin aarm where the camber kit is is loose to the front.

Vanessa

is here for decoration.
ok I have Tokico struts, Skunk2 camber kits, and Eibach Prokit springs...... for a couple weeks, I would hear a creeking noise on my front driver's side when I would go over the slightest wave in the road (I could hear my suspension bouncing basically) on EVERY single bump, wave, dip, whatever. Well, turns out that my strut skirt was rubbing onto my strut and that's what the noise was. I had someone grease it up and that stopped. (at first he thought the strut was blown by pushing down on the car) Just letting you know! but if it's CLUNKING, I don't know. I hope you get it fixed!!!!!

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
dc2GS-R said:
i didnt install the kit though i had the tire place do it when they aligned my car so imma take it down there and talk to em.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
ok so he checked it out, and the bushings in the BRAND NEW INGALLS CAMBER KIT i had installed last year are completly shot on one, and starting to go on the other, this only after 11,000 miles! Most of which were HIGHWAY miles when i went to arizona twice. Pisses me off that i go and try and do things "right" with my integra and so far i have a cracked dc header, a broke ass apexi n1 that fell off my car, and now this bullshit. If i woulda just let the tires tilt inward with no front camber kit like i did on my old accord sure i woulda had to buy new tires more often, but i wouldnt be spending the 60 i did on the ingalls ..... and now the 150 im about to spend on the omni kit, plus alingment and install once it arrives!

Heres what imma get.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OMNI-POWER-FRONT-CAMBER-KIT-HONDA-CIVIC-ACURA-INTEGRA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33581QQihZ014QQitemZ330007922929QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

its not like i can throw the old stock ones back on cause i dont have em anymore and im not about to go junkyarding for that shit.

more than i wanted to spend to fix this shit but theres no way i am getting another ingalls kit.

Last edited: