Front Bumper Problem PLEASE HELP ASAP

Peruviann

ok so i bought a 98 front bumper got all new stuff from acura to make sure it would be on there nice and tight so i went to drive it and i notice the driverside bumper to fender connection came off ( the one closest to the tire )so i was wondering is there a better way to hold it on there tight and FLUSH i heard that people use BOLTS AND NUTS but what size
here are some pics

i need help asap i have to fix this so i can take my car to get smogged by monday isthe last day i have

thank you

Peruviann

yeah i used the screw with that plastic from acrua and when i was driving came right off

i was wonderinf id u ever heard of people using bolts and nuts to tighten it and it only came off the driverside passenger side is perfectly fine

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
hmmm thats weird. the screw shouldn't have came off.

Peruviann

yah i know so i was thinking bout bolt and nut to hold it in there tight

or possibly my fender might be fucked up where it holds it in place

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
it doesn't look like it's in right. i double checked on my car. that little plastic piece that spreads open (the one you have), should fit directly into the opening on your fender. followed by the thin rubber strip over that (i don't see one in your pic?), the metal bracket, then your bumper. the actual metal screw with the washer should be what you're screwing into the plastic piece to hold that all tight.

from what i can see, i think your order is fender, metal bracket, plastic screw spreader thing (lol i don't know the proper name), bumper, then screw to hold that all in? that could be why. your metal bracket looks torn where the opening is. it doesn't look bad enough to be the problem, though. double check the other side to make sure the screw's the right size, unless you're having problems with that side too.

try the first order i listed. my bumper sits flush and holds up just fine like that.

p.s. why do you need to fix that to smog?

maluskeeter

how well is the other side connected? make sure its not some sort of defect on that side of the bumper you bought

Peruviann

i have the set up like that the brace then the clip then the screw straight up into the fender thru the white clip and it came off well i put it back on today and i hope it stays on imma use zipties aswell to hold it on to make sire it doesnt come off