FP-255LPH-BK, High Pressure In Tank/Line Electric 225 LPH Fuel Gas Pump

wgnburnr

I just got one of these , FP-255LPH-BK, High Pressure In Tank/Line Electric 225 LPH Fuel Gas Pump, from DPT Motorsport. Has anyone installed on of them on a 86 integra, if so did you have any problems?

wgnburnr

cheaper that the stock ones, and I'm tired of having trouble with this car. I just want to know if this will work. Any one know?

enoch723

If your having problems with the car.. its not the fuel pump. A fuel pump will either work or it wont, its not going to work sometimes.

Regardless if your determined to replace the fuel pump. It might not work because the stock fuel pump isnt an interl fuel pump. Its right inside one of the wheels underneath

wgnburnr

Well yes, it is the fuel pump, it's out and dosn't function, at all. I was just looking for some positive imput

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
well heres the thing with a 255lph vs say a stock one.
a 255 will raise your fuel pressure. is this a good thing? depends.
a 195 is a better bet and you can run a turbo set up on one if you so choose to.

wgnburnr

Just want it to run, my daughters car don't like it. I have no chioce but to work on it. I would rather stick with my super charged V8's.

wgnburnr

It is my daughters car. I have to work on it. I don't wish to. I justwant it to run, this is all. I only asked to get some positive imput, not get in to a long, drawn out disscution. I thought that was what this forum was about.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
It is my daughters car. I have to work on it. I don't wish to. I justwant it to run, this is all. I only asked to get some positive imput, not get in to a long, drawn out disscution. I thought that was what this forum was about.
This forum is more of a community based forum rather than team integra where you get banned for not searching, or honda tech where you get flamed for everything.

I think people were asking why you installed a 255 because it can create more problems than being a simple fix, because it can cause the car to run a bit richer because of the higher fuel pressure especially if the ecu cant compensate for it or its not tuned for it

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Just get a Walbro 255 in tank with install kit. Usually about $90 shipped and is drop in replacement. It will raise the base pressure of about 10psi which is no big deal.

wgnburnr

Sorry, as I have stated. I was looking for imput,that is all. If I knew all about these things I would not be search all over to get answers. And to put an in tank pump would require replumbing the fuel system. The 1986 integra has an in line pump. I don't want get into doing all that.

Last edited:

wgnburnr

Ok, if I'm not getting any help in that direction. Can anyone tell me, do I need to get a different pressure regulator, or will the stock one be able to handle the added pressure. This car is 100% stock my daughter got it from an older lady who was the original owner, this a nice car but nothing has been done to change it. The fuel pump I pulled was factory installed. I just need to know if it will work,don't want to send my daughter out in a car that could be dangerous. Know what I mean.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
It'll be fine with the stock regulator. Worst case you could drill a tiny hole in diaphragm to bypass more fuel.