Few probs, looking for help

krazyasslunatic

First off cars overheating, not bad if i baby it but if i get it above 3 grand cruising down the highway it starts to get hot. I thought teh car had the stock motor and got a thermostat for a 1.8l but now i find out ive got a b20b. Any chance the thermostat is the same? 2nd problem is the car has a loud squealing noise coming frm the driver side, dont know if its the engine or what. Im assuming belts but it doesnt alter with the rpms on the motor if that makes sense, it just squeals and the sound changes but not in relation to how fast im going. 3rd my car idle weird, sometime itll up and down up and down, no clue why

cmoney176

CMONEY176
Check Your Radiator Fan It Might Be Hooked Up Wrong. Also Change The Coolant That Might Help. As Far As The Rev Problem You Might Have Something Drawing Power From Your Battery That Is Messing With The Altenator. If You Have Anything Connected That Didnt Come With The Car Unplug Them One By One As You Unplug Them See If The Revs Up And Down Stop. If They Stop While That Item Is Unplugged It Might Not Be Grounded Right.

If Your Car Continues To Over Heat You Might Have A Cracked Engine Block And Could Be Leaking Coolant Into The Manifold If Its Not Leaking On The Ground. Check To See If You See White Or Gray Smoke Coming From You Tail Pipe While The Car Is Running.

I Hope This Helps Some.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
your water pump could be bad.take the belts off and see if the noise stays. the thermostat should fit.

dc2b18

Wait... What?
the squeaking could be a number of things and there is really no way to tell without looking at it. Sounds like you should have a mechanic look at it because if that engine overheats and fries itself, you're looking a a huge problem.

krazyasslunatic

Thnak u very much guys, the overheating isnt major now, its got brand new coolant and as long as im just cruising at like 60 or so the temp stays decent.

Just had another problem though. 3rd and 5th gear have been popping out on me but today i was in fourth and it popped out, dropped to third and now its like my trans is stuck in 3rd. the shifter will move to neutral but the trans is still in 3rd. i looked at the linkage in the engine pay from the trans to the firewall and all looks well.

krazyasslunatic

trying to keep it from getting that but kinda hard when there arent many honda guys out where i live

cmoney176

CMONEY176
you might need a new transmission housing. i had a 89 acura legend that did the exact same thing after i had it for a while. in the end i changed the bell housing and that cleared every thing but i also had the clutch and pressure plate changed also. more for racing though. that might help.

hondaproof

hondaproof
Your differential is in pieces.I've experienced this before.Crack open the gearbox and you'll prolly se a shit dif.you can't pull it out with the shifter.but if it is something else,you'll still have to drop the trans.

amaestre32

sometimes i get the same squeking / weird noise i really dont know what it is either and its pissin me off, so if anyone has a clue let us know lol