Fan ALWAYS on

bingbongplop3

Hey there my rad fan is ALWAYS on, I guess I'd rather have that then never on... but can anyone help me with this?

Also it seems like the fan never stays on after the car is off(I know most cars do on warm days)

any help or suggestions appreciated

Prozon

Kris
There's a fan timer behind the radio I believe. I think that's your problem.

jjdmartinis

Question? Is the A/C turned on? If yes, the fan WILL be on automatically. AS for the Relay, Its either good or bad, if the fan is working it must be good, if it were stuck in the on position it would never turn off, If it were burn't up it would not turn the fan on. The relay will only work when 12v power from the ignition switch is on, turn off switch no 12v power to relay, normally on the higher priced vehicles will have a timer relay built in, Hope this helped.

j13

Keep It Clean
Someone probably bypassed the relay and wired the fan directly to the battery/ignition. If the fan is on 100% of the time, it is not good. The engine will never warm up to operating temp, it will take long for the engine to warm up in the morning, this will mess with your gas mileage.

bingbongplop3

Thanks you guys for all the advice and help!

Unfortunately I just found out as soon as key is switched on(engine off) The fans turn on. A/C is off!

So can anyone suggest where I start looking for the Hardwired Fan Wire?

Also for this fan relay / fan timer relay... Someone said under passenger seat(which it wasnt)

And someone said behind the radio (I'll check that out right now)

What I'm asking are the fan timer and fan relay two separate things?

please tell me there is a 1st gen guru somewhere over here that can help me with this

bingbongplop3

So I did some digging around..

I looked behind radio to look for this "fan timer relay" I found this little guy... I unplugged it and switched 12v on and fans still came on so this relay(whatever it is) isnt the cuplrit :roll:

Next I looked under the HVAC paneland saw that these wires were tampered with.. I tried to trace them but it went into a tube full of wires :x
But I was guessing they wired the ac switch on to the ignition so that its constantly on.. for whatever reason.. idk HELP?

And another thing caught my eyes.. What is this plug going to ?

these weren't ALL the wires connected to that plug but 4 of them did end up going to the bay

:???:
Anyways I have a feeling that for a kill switch or NOS :lol: something rather at one point It doesnt seem to hurt anything so I am still mainly focused on my fan issue still

Classa64

Download the S/M located in this Forum above your post , it will show you were and what it is as well as testing it...Fan timer and relay are difrent but may be intagrated into the same thing as one unit, that I am not to sure of

That first pic is NOT a facory relay, not sure about the other 2 and the last pic,,,,well that's just bad to see!

Last edited: