f/s thread issues

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
ok, so i came up with an idea on how to help with newbs trying to sell shit without 50 post.

ok have the admin set it up for when you get your verification to become a member you automatically get a pm with the "50 post to sell" thread copied and pasted in it......so the first time you sign in....before you try to search, post or even browse....it pops up.

just an idea, imo looks good on paper.....not sure how hard it would be.....not sure how many members actually sign up daily.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
If he is going to go through the trouble of that he might as well just make the F/S forum private to those without 50 posts.

A lot of forums make it that way so that noobs can't even have the option to post a thread

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
that would be a good idea too......i should have thought of that.

im just throwing out ideas, trying to keep the site rolling. :)

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Only problem with making it private is what about people browsing the site that see something they want to buy so sign up to reply.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Only problem with making it private is what about people browsing the site that see something they want to buy so sign up to reply.
There has to be a way around that. I've seen some forums that just won't let you post a F/S thread until you've been de-noobed. You can still reply in threads and PM, just can't make a thread in that section

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
That would definitetly work. I think that would keep more members around also. Getting banned for posting in the f/s thread sort of pisses people off it seems.

Sammich

There has to be a way around that. I've seen some forums that just won't let you post a F/S thread until you've been de-noobed. You can still reply in threads and PM, just can't make a thread in that section
yea, doesnt honda tech have a setup like that?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I was thinking the same thing. Like have them locked from creating a FS thread until they hit the 50 post mark. I second this idea.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
yea, doesnt honda tech have a setup like that?
I couldn't tell you. I've never even been on Honda-tech

I like the way DSMtuners has the rules setup for noobs.

DSMtuners FAQ said:
1. New Member/Lurker:
Everyone who registers on our site starts off as a New Member/Lurker. This title has nothing to do with your actual knowledge of cars or DSMs, it just means you are new and/or haven't contributed very much tech info to the site. You can view all public forums and Search for all the tech info you need. However, you will be limited to posting in the areas designated for New Member posts (Newbie forum, the Problem Diagnosis forum, the Appearance forum, the Site Feedback forum and the Tech Guide sections) until you've met two milestones - 50 useful posts in the forums (answers to questions and/or other helpful contributions) and 30 days registered. Only posts in the tech forums will be included in your post count. You can still send Private Messages to members in lieu of replying to their posts in forums you don't have permission to post in.