exhaust shopping

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Theres more to consider than just a 'good exhaust'. What type of canisters do you like the looks of? How loud would you like it to be? Future plans for the car? Budget?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Ghettokracker71 said:
Theres more to consider than just a 'good exhaust'. What type of canisters do you like the looks of? How loud would you like it to be? Future plans for the car? Budget?
X2

Do you want some suggestions based on facts, or will you just go with whatever name brand gets spit out the most over the next few days by a random assortment of people?

kdb18c1

TegSox said:
X2

Do you want some suggestions based on facts, or will you just go with whatever name brand gets spit out the most over the next few days by a random assortment of people?

I want something based on facts, i dont really care about the brand.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Chambered, striaght-through, twin-loop?

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
I tossed out SP2, cause those fit the 4drs fine, No need to get a 2dr exhaust and waste time with ur local welder

Sirfallsalot243

If you only plan to do a mild build on the car, with bolt ons, go for a 60mm exhaust. You wont need anything bigger than that. If you plan on doing a serious all motor build, I recommend a 2.5" exhaust. And if you plan on turbo, go 3". From there, decide on a muffler style. Straight through will provide the most power, but (because it is basically a glasspack), it will be the loudest. The next is chambered. The Chambered exhaust uses chambers to muffle noise, but it does cost some power. And lastly is the twin loop. The twin loop is one of the most quiet exhausts, and some companies claim no loss in horsepower with one. A twin loop muffler sends the same exhaust gasses through the muffler twice, before releasing it.

I have a serious all motor build, so Im going with a 2.5" stainless steel piping kit, a 16" resonator, and a stainless steel twin loop muffler (SNL).

b18c_teg

Greddy sp2 man u can't go wrong with it, cops don't even bother u with that exhaust its soo quiet, unless u hit vtec on ur car then u can enjoy the sweet sound of it.

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
Sp2 is amazing for the 4dr. No extra work required, unless you got a RH like me. Lol!

It fits fine, looks good, sounds great =D

Facts? One exhaust can do well on one car and horrible on others. You can't really try to compare all the exhausts from ur friends that don't have ur car.

SP2 gives you not only that sweet sound, good power gains as well, if you got the rest to go along with it. *just in case you don't know what I mean as far as "rest to go along with it" I mean CAI and Header.*

Last edited: