Erratic Idle

lsvtecna

So for the last little while when my car heats up, usually after I beat on it for abit, the thing starts idiling between 500 - 2300 rpm like up down up down, when I'm at a stop light i have everyone and their friend trying to race cause my engine is revvin on it's own, but anyway seriously I need to know whats up with this I did the lsvtec swap and the B16a intake manifold has fewer places to run vac lines especially at the map sensor than the b18a did so I have a bunch of vac t's in line, I was wondering if that could be the prob and what could I do to correct that issue, as well does anyone know how many degrees I can advance my timing on my dizzy before I smash my valves?

lsvtecna

As well I forgot to mention, after it heats up the CEL comes on, I still have vtec and the car runs fine besides the idling but it also randomly goes out when i'm driving and my rpm's plumit then pick back up in a split second and this causes a massive jerk to the entire car, when the CEL goes out there is a click that seems to come from behind the dash somewhere, and yes the fans are comming on that's the first thing that i checked, could this tie into that vaccum problem. i'm absolutely clueless on this one but it's happening everyday.

Man A

homewreker
only thing i know that makes the idle bounce like that is a dirty or faulty IACV, located on the back of the intake manifold

patrick4588

Integra God
get a vacuum manifold and get rid of all those t's. second, jump your ecu and see what code you threw. we can go from there. and btw, any vacuum leak will make the car idle like that