engine question

715guy

i know it kinda stupid to ask this question, but when i start my engine (cold start) it makes a weird noise coming from the engine. when the engine getting hot the weird noise stop...anyone know please help..

715guy

it's not heavy breathing, sound like some thing wrong with the cams, valves or something. i can't really descrive....but it's coming from the engine

715guy

about adjust the valves, does it have to be done by dealer or anyone? if i do it my self what special skills and tools do i need...thanks

PogKai

B20VTEC
715guy said:
about adjust the valves, does it have to be done by dealer or anyone? if i do it my self what special skills and tools do i need...thanks
you can do it yourselft.. you need the valve adjusting tool (acts like a screwdriver) and a feeler gauge and some basic home tools to take out the valve cover (ratchet and 10mm socket).

ltrain

mabye its your timing?and whens the last time u changed your oil and what kind did u use

LaDY iNTEgRa 9

. . .MiSSiN dA tEg :(
whoa stop right there!

don't pull anything off or try to diagnose it yourself.
you need to be a lot more specific of what the noise sounds like, because engines make endless noises therefore it's difficult to diagnose.

a lot of the noises come from just normal wear, tear, and age so it's nothing to really be too concerned about.

but if it's that bad that you have to figure out what it is, take it to someone. i don't suggest just randomly pulling things apart and trying to diagnose because there is a lot more to it than you can imagine.

if u give a better description i could probably help you out. just try to listen to where the noise is coming from and describe it better. :)