engine clicking during startup

adoboracer

ok, well i have a problem now with my poor teg. one day me and my bro were trying to install a header for a b series engine onto my car....happens to be that the header was fitted for an SI so the flange on the header didnt match up with the cat, so we put the stock one bak on. the next day, i start it up and it makes a weird clicking sound right wen it starts...sounds like something tapping metal or something really fast, but goes away then comes bak a lil wen i give it gas. anyone kno wat this is??? sorry for the long description

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Are you sure it just started doing it? Sounds like it may just be the valves. Valves always make more noise when the engines cold, then they quiet down when it's warm. Is that what happens? Does the tapping go away when the engines warmed up?

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
it happens to me with synthetic oil all i did was add a thickening solution from stp and it stopped the clicking.

adoboracer

TegSox said:
Are you sure it just started doing it? Sounds like it may just be the valves. Valves always make more noise when the engines cold, then they quiet down when it's warm. Is that what happens? Does the tapping go away when the engines warmed up?
i ono, it might be the valves, but the thing is, it just started couple days ago wen i put the stock header bak on. it clicks wen i start it, and wen i give it gas. even if my car isnt warmed up, wen i start it, it'll make the clicking sound. i ono, maybe needs oil like DC2 said??