Electrical Trouble

malicious01

Malicious01 .Ls/VTEC.
:::94 integra ls:::

im currently having trouble with my electric in the car... recently, short serges would go threw my car and turn off my a/c, head unit, speedometer...everything electric in the car... and thats been happening alot... and todae the whole car shut down on my... i thought i stalled my engine but then my foot was on the clutch the whole time... anyone know wuts up with my car...:(

integra evan

Have your charging system check. A bad alternator can cause some crazy stuff to happen, lol. It happened in my old Integra.

mteg

Automatic Lover
Probably alternator, I burned one up in my last car cause of the stereo.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
mteg said:
Probably alternator, I burned one up in my last car cause of the stereo.
an alternator wont cause stuff to sut off right away... A bad alternator will cause your car to run off your battery then it will slowly die down...

The way I'm understanding it is your stuff all turns off at the same time?

Does your clock get really dim? do your lights dim? does your under hood area smell like something is burning? touch your alternator after its been running. Is it hot? hook up a battery from a buddys car and see if the stuff turns back on/works better.

malicious01

Malicious01 .Ls/VTEC.
thats right, everything does turn off at the same time, uhmm as far as dimming, does turning the headlights on count as dimming cuz when i turn the headlights on, my clock, and my dash lights dim down a noticable bit, not too much but noticable...