Electrical help needed.....

I have a DB1 I just bought the other day. It seems to be having some electrical issues.
The radio powers on but will not produce sound. (could be speakers I know)
When I turn the radio to on, the clock goes out when I turn it back on it reads 1:00. It also returns to 1:00 whenever I start the car.------------12v constant maybe?
Also, when I use the right turn signal, the clock and the door light on the gauge cluster blink in time with the turn signal.
Anyone have any ideas what the hell is going on?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol!

Good luck with that... Sounds like someone got in there and fucked shit up.

Clock resets because somewhere in the line it doesn't have constant power. My guess on the radio not making sound is a bad deck. A buddy of mine had that problem.

The clock and Radio run on the same circuit, so that's good, but the blinker sounds kinda funny....

Start tracing wires buddy. It's going to be a long day for you.

Greenbling

I had a loose fuse... It did the same thing...

similar at least..
Every time I would hit a bump my radio would turn off and reset all the settings. My clock would reset. and my interior light would come on and my door ajar indicator would come on dimly.
It doesn't sound like you have the exact same problem. But It sounds like you have an issue with that particular fuse/wire. But I was stumped cause I didn't expect one fuse to control all those items.

Do you have something wired to the prong of a fuse?... that may be causing some problems. Check out your fuse box.

I had the same exact problem, it ended up being a blown fuse for the cigarette lighter plug/radio.
Really? I guess Ill try replacing that fuse before I start tracing the harness wires. Hopefully the easier fix will get it done.