Egr Solenoid

Nick

Hi,
My name is Nick and a newbie to this great board, i've always seem to find what im looking for by using the search engine here.

Buuuttttt for some reason i can't find it today.... So today i got a CEL light on my 1991 acura integra rs, took it to a mechanic and told me it was a code 12, EGR SOLENOID and told me to replace the whole darn kit and that it could get pricey.

So my question is where can i find a good deal on this whole unit, kit, etc.. whatever is called.

HERE'S A PIC OF IT

[/IMG]

acclude

cheap bastard
junkyard, maybe ebay. Otherwise you will pay a lot for it.

Also, you might not need to replace it. You could just need to clean out the EGR system. Pull the actual valve off the IM and look and see if it's clogged and filled with all kinds of nastyness. I'd try that before replacing anything.

Nick

Another question... After cleaning out the valve and or replacing the EGR system will i need to reset the CEL light or will it go off automatically?? Thank's for your help.

Nick

Thank's a lot guy's, seems like i got another code poping out now is a code 43. lol, You fix one thing and then there's another.

So far i changed the fuel filter, thermostat, pcv valve and grommet, replaced the valve cover gasket, spark plugs, spark plug wires, air filter, oil filter, cleaned the EGR valve and put a new gasket, and adjusted idle on it and nothing and i also checked the timing on it and seems good as well....

Car still shakes like crazy when stopped at a red light or stop sign. Tommorow im going to try replacing the oxygen sensor, but not sure if thats going to help the rattling or not, it's also eating a lot of gas man, Has anybody had this problem before?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
check your fuel pressure regulator and if thats ok check your 02 sensor. make shure you dont have any vac leaks, get a can of carb cleaner and spray around the intake and vac hoses and see if the roughness changes.